Final Poll: Barber or Jones?

dannyz

Reaction score
Should Barber or Jones be the starting running back for the rest of the season? I think we have seen enough of the duck-duck-goose running game here in Dallas. Is there still anyone out there in Julius Jones' corner???? Yes I realize we have pretty much abandoned the run lately, but is it not clear who is getting better results of our two running backs?

A) Marion Barber III gets majority of carries and starts
B) Julius Jones gets majority of carries and starts
C) Leave it like it is (alternating series for the most part)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Im so sick of Julius Jones. I cannot even imagine another team wanting him. He seems like a great person and good teammate but I could be both of those things as well.

He just looks to be damaged goods. I think he bulked up a little bit too much and now he doesn't have the agility or pop in his step that we once saw. His vision has gone to zilch.

I feel bad for the guy but no even that changes the fact that there needs to be a new back in Dallas next year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJ still runs like a robot. If he doesn't return next year, it will be interesting to see how he does on a different team. BTW I vote C but will MBIII starting.

MCowboys

Reaction score
eduncan22;1839576 said:
We've abandoned the running game.

Exactly. I don't think it matters how you split up the carries when you only run 10 times the whole game.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The final poll would be better if it was a poll, lol.

MBIII should be getting most of the carries. I am tired of JJ being the starter.

newcster68

Reaction score
Marion Barber ALL THE WAY. Cowboys would be idiots to have JJ come back next year.

and I think members here are not going to sift through 15-20 pages to see what others choose on this question. There needs to be a REAL poll on this site.. like every other sites that I am a member.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been a big defender of Julius, but no more. Every play that Julius plays, especially when he carries the ball, is a wasted play. Too many times when the offense gets on a roll, Julius slows down or stops the momentum with one of his patented runs into a defender for a 1 yard gain or loss. It's like Garrett feels obligated to give Julius a carry, knowing that it will be a wasted play.

He is suppose to be in there because he can take the distance on any play, but in the time he has been here, he has had very, very few long distance plays. The 70 yarder against NO last year is the only one I can think of.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MCowboys;1839578 said:
Exactly. I don't think it matters how you split up the carries when you only run 10 times the whole game.
Agreed. I could understand throwing so much if the 'boys were down two scores. They were down one score pretty much the whole game. One TD and they had the lead. And instead of putting together a good drive of mix and run. It was pass, pass, and pass.

However, I will give it up to the Eagles for getting good penetration on the few runs they did get. There were a couple of plays where the RB had no chance.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dannyz;1839540 said:
Should Barber or Jones be the starting running back for the rest of the season? I think we have seen enough of the duck-duck-goose running game here in Dallas. Is there still anyone out there in Julius Jones' corner???? Yes I realize we have pretty much abandoned the run lately, but is it not clear who is getting better results of our two running backs?

A) Marion Barber III gets majority of carries and starts
B) Julius Jones gets majority of carries and starts
C) Leave it like it is (alternating series for the most part)

Put the pole away... this team is not trying to run.

When we run now its like a "token" run.
I am concerned that their is no running game.

Whatever happened to staying with the run and THEN eventually it wears down a defense and you win the game.

I would say we abandon the run too early... but thats not even the case.
We are "token" running. Teams are teeing off on Tony as a result

Mash

Reaction score
JJ has no vision and doesnt have the speed or power to create his own yrds.....basically he needs a hole the size of a Mack truck to gain positive yards....

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Who cares? They were both extremely ineffective.

I think we had something like 56 yards and I believe 16 of those yards was a scramble by Tony Romo.

The running game needs to be peaking around this time.

Even if the NFC has to go through Texas Stadium, you still want to have a strong running game to close out games.