Finally back to the winning teams of the league

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So that win was nice n all (if not to say great), but I can't wait for teams such as the Eagles or the Bills. The Seahawks will be a nice starter, just above 500. It'll be a nice arc of suspense. We have to do to the Seahawks what the 49ers did to them. And then win a close game against the Eagles (or not close, even better lol).

The play offs kinda start early for us this season as those kinds of teams will be the ones to beat in then. I'm really looking forward to it and am thankful for the nice run the Cowboys gave us fans ahead of the "hot" December. The couple of extra days off aren't exactly a bad thing either.

I know some people will say "we just come off a win so why not celebrate" or so, but to me the December games will truly show where we stand. A 45-10 win won't let me forget our match against the 49ers, a defeat of the pesky Eagles will though. :)

CCBoy

Reaction score
So that win was nice n all (if not to say great), but I can't wait for teams such as the Eagles or the Bills. The Seahawks will be a nice starter, just above 500. It'll be a nice arc of suspense. We have to do to the Seahawks what the 49ers did to them. And then win a close game against the Eagles (or not close, even better lol).

The play offs kinda start early for us this season as those kinds of teams will be the ones to beat in then. I'm really looking forward to it and am thankful for the nice run the Cowboys gave us fans ahead of the "hot" December. The couple of extra days off aren't exactly a bad thing either.

I know some people will say "we just come off a win so why not celebrate" or so, but to me the December games will truly show where we stand. A 45-10 win won't let me forget our match against the 49ers, a defeat of the pesky Eagles will though. :)
For the Eagles, it's a survival run!

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is a lower branch hanging danger going towards the Eagles:

Washington tallied 376 net yards of offense on Thursday; only San Francisco and Arizona have moved the ball more versus Dallas this season in two dreadful losses. The Commanders actually recorded more first downs than the Cowboys, converted nearly 50% of their third downs, and ripped off an average of five yards per rush.

Commanders wideout Curtis Samuel hit 100 yards receiving, the first century-mark rusher or receiver the Cowboys have allowed all season. They were coming off a short week and facing a weak opponent, but the Dallas D won’t be able to bend like that against the likes of the Eagles, Bills, or Lions without getting broken.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-good-bad-ugly-week-12-commanders/

Beat Seattle and let's see prior to the Eagles.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Good balanced article. The many over thrown passes had me worried indeed. Missed quite a few easy and open targets too...

But that's why I'm so excited about these upcoming games. Enough with the high school squads in town. Let's show 'em that we can beat the serious ones too.

plasticman

Reaction score
All three NFC contenders seem to be running on all cylinders, something has got to give.

Funny, though, in 2021 the big three were the Cowboys, Packers, and Bucs. Everybody was curious who the best was and the Rams kind of snuck up on everybody .

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
All three NFC contenders seem to be running on all cylinders, something has got to give.

Funny, though, in 2021 the big three were the Cowboys, Packers, and Bucs. Everybody was curious who the best was and the Rams kind of snuck up on everybody just won the race just won.

Agree, rams was like one of those horses in the middle of the pack, that snuck up on the 3 top horses in the field, whom they never saw coming to steal the Kentucky Derby. Bob Baford or however you spell his name is looking like WTH happen, one of my 5 horses in the race.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Let's show 'em that we can beat the serious ones too.
But can they? Every win so far has been against a team with a losing record and every loss, with the exception of Arizona, has been against a team with a winning record. Hopefully they didn't get too full of themselves after beating up on a few cream puffs.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
But can they? Every win so far has been against a team with a losing record and every loss, with the exception of Arizona, has been against a team with a winning record. Hopefully they didn't get too full of themselves after beating up on a few cream puffs.
I don't know. But we'll find out soon enough. :)

Flamma

Reaction score
I hardly pay attention to that. The Jets beat two winning teams. They're top 3 worst team in the league.

If we lose to Seattle, we'll have lost to 3 out of 4 winning teams. If we beat Seattle, Seattle would no longer be a winning team.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Certainly,
Wins are nice.
But it time to raise our sights and expectations.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
It is nice to see them have to try to get over the hump. Obviously the 49'ers and Eagles beating them up does not instill much of a vote of confidence so at least beating 2 of the 3, Eagles Dolphins and Lions would help all three would be a good relief.

I don't expect much trouble with the Seahawks other than the team doing enough to win over the Cowboys and then self-destructing like the Panthers did throughout that game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we beat Seattle, some still won’t call it a quality win. As they will say Seattle was overrated. And as they would be 6-6, they will say they are not a winning team. Book it.