First 2006 NFL....

EustaceCowboy

Reaction score
Mock draft is now up at NFLdraft.com. I know it is way early but I think this guy does a pretty good job, and it at least throws a nice list of names out there. He has the Boys taking an OT from LSU. Sure seems like a strong year for Defensive Linemen.

EustaceCowboy

Reaction score
EustaceCowboy said:
Mock draft is now up at NFLdraft.com. I know it is way early but I think this guy does a pretty good job, and it at least throws a nice list of names out there. He has the Boys taking an OT from LSU. Sure seems like a strong year for Defensive Linemen.

www.nfldraftcountdown.com

blindzebra

Reaction score
The only thing more worthless than a mock draft is a mock draft 9 months before the draft.

Why?

Because you don't know who will be drafting where, what each team will need, or what underclassmen will be coming out.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
COme on BZ lighten up, what more do we have to do in this offseason, 25 days cant end sooner

blindzebra

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
COme on BZ lighten up, what more do we have to do in this offseason, 25 days cant end sooner

What's to lighten up.

I guess i could have shown how useless it was when the mock had us taking an OT, after drafting one in consecutive years, when DT, WR and ILB are all much more likely needs.

He also had a Super Bowl rematch with NE winning again. NE who are losing their defensive spark in Bruschi and both the OC and DC.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
What's to lighten up.

I guess i could have shown how useless it was when the mock had us taking an OT, after drafting one in consecutive years, when DT, WR and ILB are all much more likely needs.

He also had a Super Bowl rematch with NE winning again. NE who are losing their defensive spark in Bruschi and both the OC and DC.

Come on, you know some people refuse to beilve the Pats, are gonna lose, people are idiots now a days, and i mean he never said the Moc draft was a good one......i hope:D

Mr. S

Reaction score
never too early to have a mock draft. Then again, I found it sad for former first round projections like Chris Canty, Elton Brown, Ben Wilkerson, and Antajj Hawthorne to fall the way they did. Canty will be a steal for you guys though, as Ive said before.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
EustaceCowboy said:

That has to be the worst draft website I've ever seen, and I've seen dozens... in fact, it looks like a case of false advertising, it looks more like a gambler's website than a draft-oriented website...

I'm quite disappointed, I really thought by the name that I'd find myself a new and interesting source to feed my draftaholic fix...

Let's just say I didn't bother bookmarking that waste of time...

silverbear

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
The only thing more worthless than a mock draft is a mock draft 9 months before the draft.

Why?

Because you don't know who will be drafting where, what each team will need, or what underclassmen will be coming out.

Wanna bet that the Cowboys aren't already deep into draft analysis for 2006??

Personally, I anticipate the Cowboys having a good enough record to draft outside of the first 20, I fully expect them to be a playoff team... so when I start my speculating, I start by eliminating players who currently look like top 20 picks... no Ahmad Brooks (d*mn it), no Haloti Ngata...

Just because you don't all the specifics yet doesn't mean you can't start arranging your draft board, and speculating about who might be on the board when your favorite team's turn to draft comes up... of course the rankings will fluctuate throughout the coming season, and in the following offseason, but if you start studying the players now, and talking about them now, by the time the draft rolls around you'll be very conversant with the prospects available...

I LOVE draft threads, no matter the time of year... I started working on my 2006 draft board on the Monday after the draft concluded... I currently have about 100 players that I'm targeting to follow this coming season...

And only about half of them are Longhorns... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
Mr. S said:
never too early to have a mock draft. Then again, I found it sad for former first round projections like Chris Canty, Elton Brown, Ben Wilkerson, and Antajj Hawthorne to fall the way they did. Canty will be a steal for you guys though, as Ive said before.

I had heard the Skins were very high on Canty...

blindzebra

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Wanna bet that the Cowboys aren't already deep into draft analysis for 2006??

Personally, I anticipate the Cowboys having a good enough record to draft outside of the first 20, I fully expect them to be a playoff team... so when I start my speculating, I start by eliminating players who currently look like top 20 picks... no Ahmad Brooks (d*mn it), no Haloti Ngata...

Just because you don't all the specifics yet doesn't mean you can't start arranging your draft board, and speculating about who might be on the board when your favorite team's turn to draft comes up... of course the rankings will fluctuate throughout the coming season, and in the following offseason, but if you start studying the players now, and talking about them now, by the time the draft rolls around you'll be very conversant with the prospects available...

I LOVE draft threads, no matter the time of year... I started working on my 2006 draft board on the Monday after the draft concluded... I currently have about 100 players that I'm targeting to follow this coming season...

And only about half of them are Longhorns... LOL...

Some of us have lives.:D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
So much so that at 1:42 am you were posting about mock drafts:) lol.

These mocks are basically meaningless and the only real benefit is to the casual college football fan who can get a heads up on some the top returning players.

BTW, it wouldn't shock me at all if Dallas were to draft an OT in round 1 again. Flo and LA are both very expensive and we have seen zero from Rogers yet. There was lots of talk of Jammal Brown to us. WR or RT would be my top 2 targets right now for next season. Add in a regional pick of value for the area and thats not a bad mock pick for right now.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my Ourlads review book from this years draft.
Let me get through that eh. ;)

silverbear

Reaction score
blindzebra said:

Hmmm... interesting theory...

I'll need to see a little proof of that hypothesis, though... :cool:

silverbear

Reaction score
jterrell said:
So much so that at 1:42 am you were posting about mock drafts:) lol.

These mocks are basically meaningless and the only real benefit is to the casual college football fan who can get a heads up on some the top returning players.

Exactamundo... by being a devout draftaholic, I can have some interest in games that even involve two college teams that I really don't care about...

Rockytop6

Reaction score
What I like about these mock drafts this early is, as has already been mentioned, that top players of the present are referenced so we can follow their careers during their last year in college. I like to hear announcers of college games to mention that certain players on the field are projected to go in the first or second round of the draft. When you have the opportunity to pay closer attention to a player on the field, you have a better personal understanding of the skills of that particular player when the draft does roll around.