First Attempt At Photoshop

Kilyin

Reaction score
I know it's nothing special, but I've never used Photoshop.

If only I knew how to do more stuff, I'd spruce it up a bit.

keygraypic.jpg

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
I know it's nothing special, but I've never used Photoshop.

If only I knew how to do more stuff, I'd spruce it up a bit.

keygraypic.jpg

Are you kidding? You should see some of our first attempts!

You did a great job on this.

If you have questions, post them here. We've got a very talented and helpful group of folks back here in the Image Dungeon.

Welcome to the club. Very good first effort :D

Kilyin

Reaction score
I was actually pleased with it, for a first created pic and all (Spent entirely too much time on it though!). But after seeing some of the stuff in here, I got a quick reality check.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Photoshop CS is hella confusing, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I never did figure out a way to change a white background into a transparent background, but someone on here mentioned a polygonal lasso tool, which seems to do the job. Kinda tedious. Is there a better way?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
I was actually pleased with it, for a first created pic and all (Spent entirely too much time on it though!). But after seeing some of the stuff in here, I got a quick reality check.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Photoshop CS is hella confusing, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I never did figure out a way to change a white background into a transparent background, but someone on here mentioned a polygonal lasso tool, which seems to do the job. Kinda tedious. Is there a better way?

Well yeah, you have to trace around the object and "cut" it out of the picture and then paste in onto a transparent background.

There are many good tips if you google search.

Keep working at it...we've seen some people come a LONG way. And as I said, everyone here is always willing to help.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it is pretty darn good for a first attempt.

The lines are clean and the image overall looks clean.

All the "bells and whistles" will come later when you get used to it and learn new tricks.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
good job for your first,keep it up you will only get better,trial and error. I seem to get more errors then trials ;)

Kilyin

Reaction score
Alright, last revision I think. I didn't like the blue one so much either after awhile. I think this one looks pretty sharp, for a newb.

keygraypic2.jpg

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Alright, last revision I think. I didn't like the blue one so much either after awhile. I think this one looks pretty sharp, for a newb.

keygraypic2.jpg

I like the type on this one...what did you do to change it???

Kilyin

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I like the type on this one...what did you do to change it???

I couldn't figure out how to change it, so I used brute force. Deleted the layer, and remade it. Changed the font size, and I also used all caps this time. The "Dallas Cowboys" definitely looks better this way, imo.

Kilyin

Reaction score
A quickie. This Photoshop stuff is addicting, even if I'm not that well versed in it yet.

I have a question. Let's say someone, not me of course, wanted to download Eye Candy (the full one), anyone know where that person would go? PM me if you can be of assistance.

Roysig.jpg

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
A quickie. This Photoshop stuff is addicting, even if I'm not that well versed in it yet.

I have a question. Let's say someone, not me of course, wanted to download Eye Candy (the full one), anyone know where that person would go? PM me if you can be of assistance.

Roysig.jpg
I like your new sig nice affect. Eye candy try a PM to Jacs. You can search online for it but those sites are filled with spyware/adware,and yes it is addicting :D

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Wow that one is nice. I love the pictures in the letters, don't think I've ever seen that before. I wish I could do some of the stuff you guys do!!!!