First person to call Roy post-trade? T.O.

Nav22

Reaction score
Listening to Roy's radio interview on dallascowboys.com. Here's some paraphrased tidbits.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

How happy are you to be in Dallas?

"I'm happier to be here than I was when I got my first bike." :laugh2:

How excited are you to be playing with guys like Romo and T.O.?

"T.O. was the first person to call me... so I think we're going to make a good combination. All we wanna do is win. That's all I wanna do. That's all I've been wanting to do since I left UT."

What'd you and T.O. talk about?

"Just talked about winning. Talked about how hard they practice there. Talked about winning ballgames and getting to the Super Bowl. So that's our goal, that's been my goal since I got into the league."

How much does it revive your passion?

"Oh man, going from 0-5 to 4-2... can't ask for anything better."

How will you and T.O. help each other on the field?

"It's a wide-open offense, I just want to come in, learn my role, and help the team win."

Family's reaction?

"I couldn't even get it out to my mom. She screamed at the top of her lungs and threw the phone. I think she was happier than I was. My brothers live in Dallas, they were happy as well."

- Says he thinks he can pick up enough to play and be a contributor this Sunday.

- Hasn't talked to anyone besides T.O. Says T.O. learned from the greatest in Jerry Rice, so now T.O. will pass the torch along to Roy and teach him how to work the way Jerry taught T.O.

- I've always been a Cowboys fan, wanted to be like Herschel Walker growing up. Just to know that I might finish my career in Dallas makes me feel at home.

- I can never forget about the Detroit Lions, they're the ones who brought me into the league... Millen and Mariucci believed in me, so I'll never forget about those guys.

- T.O. is the #1 guy. My role will be to complement him. I'll be #2 or #3 or wherever I fit in. I'll help this team win anyway I can.

- I've never had an older WR to show me the way. I've watched film on Jerry Rice. Now I just have to watch T.O.

- I am somewhat sad that it didn't work out in Detroit. We weren't winning ballgames, but I've been with these guys for a long time. I have a bunch of friends I'm leaving behind. I don't know anything else, all I know is Detroit. But at the same time, I'm ready to win some ballgames, feel what the playoffs and MNF is all about.

- Jerry told me he's excited for me to be a part of the franchise, he's watched me since I was at Texas. He's proud to have me and hopes I can come in and help us get to the Super Bowl.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2341224 said:
Yeah. To is CLEARLY going to hate this guy and have a serious issue with them. :)

Yeah that TO is such a cancer scaring our new WR about how hard we practice :rolleyes: