First Round Picks Dealt

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Shocking to me that 3 teams traded away next year's first round picks for late first rounders this year and even 2nd round selections this year.

At least for those teams, that says something about the strength of this year's draft and the presumed weakness of next year's draft in comparison.

Browns, Colts, and 49'ers all traded away their first round picks...of course the 49'ers traded theirs away and then picked up the Colts' pick later.

So far I think Atlanta and CArolina look on paper like they really had incredible drafts to me.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
wayne motley;1477430 said:
Shocking to me that 3 teams traded away next year's first round picks for late first rounders this year and even 2nd round selections this year.

At least for those teams, that says something about the strength of this year's draft and the presumed weakness of next year's draft in comparison.

Browns, Colts, and 49'ers all traded away their first round picks...of course the 49'ers traded theirs away and then picked up the Colts' pick later.

So far I think Atlanta and CArolina look on paper like they really had incredible drafts to me.

In any draft, if you have a top 5 pick, you can get an impact player. Colts traded a late first. The 40whiners traded a top 15-20 pick. The browns may well have traded a top 5 pick. :bow:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I think the Browns had a great draft ...... even if we bent them over the draft table they still got 3 first round talent guys.

Their Olineman
Quinn
and the corner who has first round talent but is very very short.

I think the trade was WIN WIN for both Dallas and Cleveland.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Good point, totally agree. Lets hope it does not make then a lot better NEXT year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The 49ers had the best day 1 to me. They got a LT to protect Alex Smith. They got an ILB to run their 3-4. They got a WR to compliment their big TE in the passing game.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Cleveland situation is not that bad. If Quin was suppose to be a top ten pick this year, all the Browns did was take him a year early. So they took two top 10 picks this year.