First Thread-Stephen Peterman

bmf31

Reaction score
Been reading for a while now but have never posted but,
I was wondering if they planned on trying Peterman out at center?

I haven't heard anything, but I seem to recall Parcells telling him to work on snapping the ball.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I like his size, but I am a bit concerned with his age...

ohurley.jpg

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
bmf31 said:
Been reading for a while now but have never posted but,
I was wondering if they planned on trying Peterman out at center?

I haven't heard anything, but I seem to recall Parcells telling him to work on snapping the ball.

Peterman has to get on the practice field before they start worrying about getting him time at center. I know it was part of the plan to get both he and Proctor some practice there. I haven't heard much about Proctor doing it, and Peterman has been sidelined most of the time.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
They've started to teach him the center position this offseason, yes.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Unless Peterman returns soon (if he hasn't already) and really lights it up (which I haven't heard any reports of) I don't see him making the team. I read that in the offseason they were trying to teah him the Center and RG positions as well as the LG position that he was training at last year. But I have not read or heard anything particularly positive about him at any position in this camp. I'm thinking that as soon as he is cleared to play that he will be released...they will wait until then so they don't have to release him injured.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Unless Peterman returns soon (if he hasn't already) and really lights it up (which I haven't heard any reports of) I don't see him making the team. I read that in the offseason they were trying to teah him the Center and RG positions as well as the LG position that he was training at last year. But I have not read or heard anything particularly positive about him at any position in this camp. I'm thinking that as soon as he is cleared to play that he will be released...they will wait until then so they don't have to release him injured.

He returned this morning...

Hopefully a writer will get a question in about him today between Jen-Jen and Mac's TO tirade...

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
trickblue said:
He returned this morning...

Hopefully a writer will get a question in about him today between Jen-Jen and Mac's TO tirade...
I just read Mick's Ranch Report and saw where he had returned. He had better make the most of his time now before the cuts start. I hope he does well but he hasn't really shown much so far in his time with the Cowboys. We shouldn't have had to sign Kosier for that LG spot; Peterman should have been ready to move into it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Parcells mentioned in a PC a few days ago that he was happy with Peterman as a run blocker but he needed to improve his pass blocking.

Does anyone know if a) Peterman is practice squad eligible? and b) who has been playing center with the 3rd string team?

baj1dallas

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Parcells mentioned in a PC a few days ago that he was happy with Peterman as a run blocker but he needed to improve his pass blocking.

Does anyone know if a) Peterman is practice squad eligible? and b) who has been playing center with the 3rd string team?

He ought to be I don't know if he was ever game eligible for even a single game.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
abersonc said:

a) No, you aren't eligible if you have one "accrued year" of credit towards free agency, which Peterman has since he was on the active roster more than 6 games last year.

b) Not sure. Matt Tarullo maybe?

MONT17

Reaction score
Peterman at center... thats funny! since he has been drafted its been widely reported that Peterman can only play 1 of the OG spots! Now if he cant tell his left from his right what makes anyone think he can make "linecalls"?

Peterman will be in Miami before the Month is out!!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
MONT17 said:
Peterman at center... thats funny! since he has been drafted its been widely reported that Peterman can only play 1 of the OG spots! Now if he cant tell his left from his right what makes anyone think he can make "linecalls"?

Peterman played LG last year and is playing RG this year.

That would indicate he can play at TWO spots.