First time since super bowl IX

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
This is the first super bowl game I didn't watch since 1975. I hadn't missed a single one in 41 years, but this time I simply didn't care to watch, and it had nothing to do with who was playing.

With me its all about Jerry and his love puppet Garrett. The two of them have destroyed my love of the game....they don't care, so neither do I. It used to be a Sunday ritual to watch every game that was on, but this season? Meh, I'd rather walk around the yard cleaning up dog poo.

Its sad when two morons have destroyed a life-long passion like Jerry and Garrett have done.

aria

Reaction score
What’s sad is that you gave up on a game you love due to 2 people and now you’re whining about it on the internet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is what it is . It’s not like this has happened over night. Maybe you’ve just finally realized.

For me I withdrew myself financially years ago and less emotionally invested while lowering my expectations which it’s silly to be setting ourselves up for disappointment. Cowboy fans are just struggling with the mentality needed to support a mediocre / dormant team. This is why fans often abort their local teams for greater teams across the country.

The Cowboys haven’t been a well run football franchise for a generation now but they’re my local team so I still watch but I love football first and won’t allow their futility to dampen my spirit for the game. It’s what I do for 5 months a year. Watch football !!