First Wallpaper

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
I'm working on my Photoshop skills. This is my first decent wallpaper(if you can call it decent). It's probably not something you would want to use, Roy isn't cutout very well, but I just wanted some feedback so I can increase my Photoshop skills to the point where I can make good wallpapers, sigs, etc. So without further ado, I bring you... America's man. Whad'ya think.

rwwallpaper2copy2pl.jpg

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey....I was looking for something worthy of my 6000th post....this will do just fine... :)

I love the background...I think the type is great...I also like the multiple 31's...AND its a creative graphic..

Welcome to the Image dungeon.

Well done.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
the picture is pixelated and its creative but a way i learned on cropping what you want is with the polygonal lasso tool

polygonallasso9kb.jpg

zoom the picture to any amount you want and then with the lasso go around the object

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
here is a lame tutorial (if you want to call it that) i just made

dont know if it's the best way but it works for me and it's fast but since i did it very quick not a good cropping but hopefully someone one day gets the idea because cropping can be a pain in the arse :banghead:

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
jacs said:
here is a lame tutorial (if you want to call it that) i just made

dont know if it's the best way but it works for me and it's fast but since i did it very quick not a good cropping but hopefully someone one day gets the idea because cropping can be a pain in the arse :banghead:
Thanks, Jacs, I will find that help very useful. One question, what is the dif between the polygonal lasso tool and the normal lasso tool?

Also, I made a big no-no by making the smaller image bigger to accomodate with the bigger image when I should have downsized the bigger image to accomodate with the smaller one.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
zorg222 said:
One question, what is the dif between the polygonal lasso tool and the normal lasso tool?

with the normal you cant select what you what its almost like the pencil you circle something and you can select that but the polygonal you can click all over the image you want until you are finished, i hope that made sense.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
jacs said:
with the normal you cant select what you what its almost like the pencil you circle something and you can select that but the polygonal you can click all over the image you want until you are finished, i hope that made sense.

I just tried it, I've got a new wallpaper now.