Five from the Shrine

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Watched the Shrine Game and wanted to discuss five players that caught my eye. Two of them are players I was high on all year, while three stood out in practices and the game.

Kentavius Street, DT, NC State
zwvv07r3kwrpuvoehjks

Some of the early mocks have linked Michigan 3Tech Maurice Hurst to the Cowboys in the 1st round. Street is a guy you can add late Day 2/early Day 3 who could improve the interior pass rush. He did most of his damage in the Shrine Game from the weakside end spot, but at 6'2" and 285 pounds, with initial quickness, 3Tech is his ideal position.

Chad Thomas, DE, Miami
oqa4eeosuo2zqr84nei1

Thomas is 6'5" and 275 pounds. His best position is strongside end or anchor, a position the Cowboys seem to be loaded at. However, he's got a great combination of power, speed, and athleticism and can play multiple positions on the defensive line. Jerry might also be intrigued by Thomas' off-field career as a promising rapper and musician. He goes by the name Major Nine and has recorded tracks for Rick Ross.

Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa
image_handler.aspx

Fountain performed well, looking explosive with a nice punt return and a couple of receptions in the game. He had 66 receptions and 12 TD's for UNI in 2017 and surprisingly only returned 3 kicks in his collegiate career. He's a shade over 6'1" and weighs in at 210 pounds. Could be a Day 3 steal.

Steven Dunbar, WR, Houston
460x1240.jpg

Mike Mayock and Daniel Jeremiah mentioned that Dunbar put together an impressive week of practice and then validated their praise with an impressive game-winning TD catch. He had 76 receptions for over 1,000 yards this past year at Houston despite shaky QB play. I am curious to see what the 6'1", 210-pound Dunbar runs in the 40.

Avonte Maddox, CB, Pittsburgh
MG-2096-Avonte-Maddox.jpg

He doesn't have great size (5'9", 183 lbs), but he showed up all game long with plays on the ball and is a physical, willing tackler. He did get beat on a late TD pass, but was in ideal position where the QB made a great throw and Dunbar made a great catch. Ideal Day 3 pick.

Carson

Reaction score
Man I’m a huuuuuuge Maddox fan! Loved watching him play at Pitt. Happy he has others who appreciate his game around here! He that tough as nails and grit Scandrick used to have

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Love that these are day 2 and 3 guys. Always seem to be guys that go late that play very well.