CFZ Five games left - It’s gonna be a wild ride ahead

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that the hated eagles have lost to the niners, the Cowboys still have a shot at the division and a slim shot at the #1 seed. It will still be a tough hill to climb. We will certainly have to play our best football in the next few weeks and then get some help. But there is a chance. And that’s all we could ask for at this point. A real chance.

Having watched the NFL now for decades, the only guarantee I can make is there will be some surprises. They happen almost weekly. How many of us thought these outcomes would happen this year?
  • Week 1:
    • Lions upset the chiefs 21-20
    • Brown beat the bengals 24-3
    • Jets beat the bills 22-16
  • Week 3:
    • Cards upset Cowboys 28-16
  • Week 5
    • Niners beat the Cowboys 42-10 (not an upset but I didn’t see a slaughter coming)
  • Week 6
    • Browns upset the niners 19-17
    • Jets upset the eagles 20-14
  • Week 7
    • Bears crush the raiders 30-12
    • Pats upset the bills 29-25
  • Week 8
    • Panthers win their first game vs Texans 15-13
    • Broncos upset the chiefs 24-9
    • Bengals whip the niners 31-17
  • Week 10
    • Broncos beat the bills 24-22
  • Week 12
    • Pack upsets the lions on Turkey Day 29-22
  • Week 13
    • Cards beat the Steelers 24-10
    • Pack upsets the chiefs 27-19
So over 13 weeks, there have been at least 16 games that were either upsets or surprising beat down margins. None of us know how this is all going to play out!
Here’s my point: Fasten your seat belt my friends. The next 5 weeks is going to be wild! Lets go Cowboys!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
A Cowboys win Sunday puts them in first place because they'd be 4-1 in division and Philly 3-1. But if both teams win out after that the Eagles take the division.

I don't think either team wins out, but we'll see.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Cowboys win Sunday puts them in first place because they'd be 4-1 in division and Philly 3-1. But if both teams win out the Eagles take the division.

I’m with you. I can’t see either team winning out.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s been and will be a fun ride even though we know our current nemesis will be there waiting in the end :laugh:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m with you. I can’t see either team winning out.
Phillly's road trip to Seattle for a night game won't be fun for them, and going to Buffalo in December isn't fun for anyone.

I also think Josh Allen remembers those Trevon Diggs tweets about his brother. He'll be looking to prove something.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Phillly's road trip to Seattle for a night game won't be fun for them, and going to Buffalo in December isn't fun for anyone.

I also think Josh Allen remembers those Trevon Diggs tweets about his brother. He'll be looking to prove something.
I'm calling a Deron Bland house call with a Josh Allen pass right here and now.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Now that the hated eagles have lost to the niners, the Cowboys still have a shot at the division and a slim shot at the #1 seed. It will still be a tough hill to climb. We will certainly have to play our best football in the next few weeks and then get some help. But there is a chance. And that’s all we could ask for at this point. A real chance.

Having watched the NFL now for decades, the only guarantee I can make is there will be some surprises. They happen almost weekly. How many of us thought these outcomes would happen this year?
  • Week 1:
  • Week 3:
  • Week 5
    • Niners beat the Cowboys 42-10 (not an upset but I didn’t see a slaughter coming)
  • Week 6
  • Week 7
  • Week 8
  • Week 10
  • Week 12
  • Week 13
So over 13 weeks, there have been at least 16 games that were either upsets or surprising beat down margins. None of us know how this is all going to play out!
Here’s my point: Fasten your seat belt my friends. The next 5 weeks is going to be wild! Lets go Cowboys!
Guess we find out next week!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The other thing to remember is the NFL is a grind. Both physically and emotionally. The niners have the Seahawks next week in SF and I won’t at all be shocked to see that game be either really close or a hawks win.

When a team plays an emotional game one week, they can be flat the next. The week after the niners looked unbeatable in killing us 42-10, they laid an egg in Cle losing 19-17 the next week, lol.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, Seattle is the key.

They play SF next on 10 days rest and SF coming off their most emotional game of the year.

They then play Philadelphia at home after Philadelphia will play what to this point would be the most important game of the year.

Seattle could be in position for two trap games in a row.

Let's say all goes right Dallas could be 11-3 and Philadelphia & SF each at 10-4. Everything would have to fall Dallas's way.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So far in the 2023 NFL season, there are approximately 1.3 upsets every week in the NFL. There are five weeks left in the season so that translates to about 6-7 more upsets this season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The next 5 weeks is going to be wild!
EmotionalRollercoaster.gif

Motorola

Reaction score

• Week 1:
  • Week 3:
  • Week 5
  • Week 6
  • Week 7
  • Week 8
  • Week 10
  • Week 12
  • Week 13
Three teams in both the NFC and AFC (pending a Jaguars victory Monday night) with a 9-3 record, which is second best in the league-
but the defending league champions are a game below that.

Mark

Reaction score
A Cowboys win Sunday puts them in first place because they'd be 4-1 in division and Philly 3-1. But if both teams win out after that the Eagles take the division.

All you can do is win the game in front of you each week. No point in worrying what the other team is doing, or hoping that another team will take care of your dirty work.

If the Cowboys take care of their own business, everything else will sort itself out. There is no team on the remaining regular-season schedule DAL isn't totally capable of beating.

What we know for sure is that, when the playoffs roll 'round, it's a safe bet that SF & PHI are going to be obstacles which must be overcome, in one venue or another. There's no shortcut, secret entrance or cheat-code to the Super Bowl.

The Niners certainly appear to be the bully on the block currently, but I like this Cowboy team's evolving attitude, ability and chances right now, if they can remain focused like a laser beam on one game at a time.

Creeper

Reaction score
It is starting to look like those losses by the Chiefs are not upsets.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Peter King

Philadelphia at Dallas, 8:20 p.m., NBC. I’m sure there’s probably been one, but I don’t recall a string of games for one contender as arduous at the current Philadelphia stretch: Dallas, at Kansas City, Buffalo, San Francisco, at Dallas. I’m impressed the Eagles are 3-1 in that five-game run so far—but it also puts major heat on Philly going into Dallas. A Dallas win would leave both teams 10-3 with 3-1 division marks and 1-1 head-to-head this year, but the Eagles would have a paper-thin edge because of a 6-2 conference record; Dallas would be 7-3 in-conference

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is the NFL and also a very good path through the middle of the competition by Dallas. If all wouldn't have had to be dragged through the process all would have enjoyed the team much more and seen more deeply into fabric of what was really involved. That also implies ethics and giving credit.

Go Cowboys, this is a major, major block in your whole season projecting this very game. You guys need this weekends game for preparation to take the playoffs in hand. San Francisco, no question now, is the top dog and the our Cowboys have rise to that level and challenge their own path.