News: Five positions the Cowboys must address in free agency

CCBoy

Reaction score
Five positions the Cowboys must address in free agency

http://thelandryhat.com/2016/02/09/five-positions-dallas-cowboys-free-agency/

Here are the top five positions I believe the Dallas Cowboys must try and address when free agency begins next month.

Position #1: Quarterback
Current Depth Chart: Tony Romo, Kellen Moore, Jameill Showers

Cowboys Free Agents: Matt Cassel

Advertisement

There Are Plenty Of Myths Out There In Regards To Shaving. Now You Can Help Your Daughter Determine Fact From Fiction
With plenty of info out there about shaving, it’s hard to determine fact from fiction. Gillette Venus puts the myths to rest. Here’s the truth about getting a smooth, close shave
Promoted by Gillette Venus

Possible Free Agent Additions: Robert Griffin III (WAS), Colt McCoy (WAS), Chad Henne (JAC), Johnny Manziel (CLE)

Analysis: The Dallas Cowboys desperately need a quality back-up quarterback behind starter Tony Romo following two collarbone fractures that limited the 35-year old veteran to playing in only four games total last season.

The two biggest names floating around the blog-o-sphere as possible free agency pick ups have been Washington Commanders quarterback Robert Griffin III and Cleveland Browns headache Johnny Manziel. The latter’s recent trouble with the law likely makes him radioactive to every NFL franchise as this point, even Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones.

That leaves Griffin as the Cowboys likely target next month. But it is still unclear if the former Offensive Rookie of the Year will accept a situation where he’ll be sitting behind a player like Romo or if he wishes to be named the starter from day one.

If the Cowboys added Griffin, he’s likely young and talented enough for Dallas not to use a high selection on a quarterback in April’s NFL Draft. I’m not sure the same could be said if McCoy or Henne were added to the roster, although either veteran would make excellent back-up quarterbacks in my opinion.

Next: The #2 Position The Cowboys Should Address in Free Agency is...