Fix DL in the 2025 draft with 2 DT

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
This season is hopeless. 5 years and the same problem. Bullied at the DL.

Dallas can spin the narrative of not addressing this in FA by drafting these two. Trade up or trade all in.

Deonte Walker Kentucky DT1 6’5 348

Tyliek Williams Ohio - DT3 6’3 320

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I would be onboard with this get 2 or a DE along with a first and third round DT. Any combo would be fine.

TheDank

Reaction score
Deone Walker likely goes top 10 but if we're somehow in position to get him or trade up I wouldn't hesitate for a heartbeat.

gtb1943

Reaction score
IF you are going to spend a high draft pick on a DT you need to find one that is a monster.

Outside of the first or second rd, go after one that is big mean and a real trashcan full of dirt

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They seem to find Oline men that produce with their first picks.

DTs seem to be a different story.

Mazi has not panned out...maybe he will eventually.

Although it was in the second round, it was still our first pick in that draft and we took
DT Trysten Hill...did not turn out so well.

So, not the best results for DTs with our first picks of late

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I would say their is a good chance

Although it was in the second round, it was still our first pick in that draft and we took

I would say their is a good chance ,Defensive Tackle will be high prioity for Dallas in next years draft .And 2 big pocket collapsers are needed badly along with WR RB S .Good D-Trench play has to happen for Zimmer's Defense to function properly.

BadLieutenant

Reaction score
This season is hopeless. 5 years and the same problem. Bullied at the DL.

Dallas can spin the narrative of not addressing this in FA by drafting these two. Trade up or trade all in.

Deonte Walker Kentucky DT1 6’5 348

Tyliek Williams Ohio - DT3 6’3 320
Gotta get Walker from Ky . 6'5, 348

JeffInDC

Reaction score
IF you are going to spend a high draft pick on a DT you need to find one that is a monster.

Outside of the first or second rd, go after one that is big mean and a real trashcan full of dirt
Gotta be a DT that does everything pretty good to elite - I see Tyliek Williams from Ohio State as a more stout and athletic Osa. And, I’m betting Osa is gonna be out of their price range (2 fully cooked hams). And, Walker from KY is a Chris Jones clone with even MORE bulk.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Gotta be a DT that does everything pretty good to elite - I see Tyliek Williams from Ohio State as a more stout and athletic Osa. And, I’m betting Osa is gonna be out of their price range (2 fully cooked hams). And, Walker from KY is a Chris Jones clone with even MORE bulk.
One cooked ham and one canned

Frankly I would be happy with two powerful guys in the middle that can hold their ground and give push on pass plays

T-RO

Reaction score
Fans fixate on 340 pound DT's to stop the run.

While you might need one such monster, it's often way more involved than just that:
-Are your LB's mature and able? Dawgs there?
-Do your cornerbacks have the ability and spirit to support in the run game?
-Is your scheme properly modernized?
-Do you have players at DE who have the will and suitable mass to fight in the trenches?

Other issues I would like to mention, but will defer.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Fans fixate on 340 pound DT's to stop the run.

While you might need one such monster, it's often way more involved than just that:
-Are your LB's mature and able? Dawgs there?
-Do your cornerbacks have the ability and spirit to support in the run game?
-Is your scheme properly modernized?
-Do you have players at DE who have the will and suitable mass to fight in the trenches?

Other issues I would like to mention, but will defer.
It all starts up front. CLEARLY we do not have what we need there
fixing a problem means going back to the start of it and proceeding
without that nothing else is going to matter on the field, right?
best scheme and LBs and all the rest are not going to help much right?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It will be Jerry "with his yes man extraordinaire Will McClay standing beside him" that pics these DT's ........ sooooooooo yeaaa

John813

Reaction score

that, or just change up on how they scout/grade IDL.

Hill supposedly had good athletics. But mentally he was a red flag. He had red flags in college too. they ignored those. Was demoted his last year in UCF.
Smith had good athletic ability too. But the tape showed he was still kind of raw. Still took him. Red flag at least for the fans was his comment about liking hitting over football.

I get wanting to get athletic DTs. The guys who can't move, stay with zone schemes can be useless in most applications. However, looking just at athletics and not their scope of work/effort to date is something that hasn't paid off early in the draft.

The DT I wanted, if they were hellbent on taking on in the first, was Bresee, who last year struggled against the run, but early on seems to have been rewarded with 60+% snaps this year for a revamped Saints defense.