Flo let the DE's flow

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Something must be seriously wrong with Flozell. He was a litteral turnstile last night. He has completely shutout some of the best DEs in the league of not only sacks, but tackles to boot. Yet last night, he let no-name players completely dominate him.

On almost every play, he was beat to the outside, he never kept him shoulders square to the DE. It was very ugly and easily the reason for the loss. (I didn't see it close, but the blocked punt came from his side too, though I don't know if it was him playing that position.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I didn't think it was all that bad. It looked ugly at times but his guy was running such a huge arc to get the QB that it shouldn't have been a problem. Tony could have stepped up a little and avoided a lot of hits.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2332906 said:
I didn't think it was all that bad. It looked ugly at times but his guy was running such a huge arc to get the QB that it shouldn't have been a problem. Tony could have stepped up a little and avoided a lot of hits.

I think you should rewatch the game then reevaluate what you just said. Flo was hideous last night and it isn't even debatable.

Everson24

Reaction score
Was that Flo out there? I thought we brought back George Hegamin and inserted him into the starting lineup.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
And to think we gave this guy a 4 year extension this offseason....he has looked average all year....and yesterday he completley melted down.

DMOB

Reaction score
I thought they said he had a stinger in his arm and that his arm was basically useless. If thats true then why in the hell didn't they replace him.

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
DMOB;2332994 said:
I thought they said he had a stinger in his arm and that his arm was basically useless. If thats true then why in the hell didn't they replace him.
ya thats what they said.....i guess they feel like a LT with out a LEFT ARM is better than any of our back ups.:(

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am in the minority here.

I give our line a pass for this game. I think this was a horrendous matchup for them. They had the type of players that always give flo and columbo a hard time. And they were moving them all around causing confusion on top of it.

if they continue to play this way then we are in deep trouble, I happen to think it was just a matchup issue. And seeing that we could end up in arizona for a wild card game that is not good.

Wood

Reaction score
I was watching Flo closely at end of game because he was getting beat so badly (very unusual for a healthy flo). Not only was he not using his left arm much but he was barely able to put weight on his right leg (one with knee brace). This does not say much for a our backups because Flo should have been pulled from this game but obviously the coaches dont have much confidence in McQ or Free.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
UDcowboysfan;2333001 said:
ya thats what they said.....i guess they feel like a LT with out a LEFT ARM is better than any of our back ups.:(
that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. You mean to tell me a guy with one arm is STILL better than a guy with 2? The same thing happend in the Seattle playoff loss...where Marc Rivera could not even get on the plane ride home...they sent him straight to the hospital. He blew his back out during the game and ultimatley his career was over. So you mean to tell me it was MORE important for him to gut it out...then for us to put a guy in the game that could at least STAND up straight?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;2333013 said:
I am in the minority here.

I give our line a pass for this game. I think this was a horrendous matchup for them. They had the type of players that always give flo and columbo a hard time. And they were moving them all around causing confusion on top of it.

if they continue to play this way then we are in deep trouble, I happen to think it was just a matchup issue. And seeing that we could end up in arizona for a wild card game that is not good.

Eh? Who exactly gives Flo problems? Flozell should not have been in the game if he was unable to play with the stinger.