Flozell and his penalties

The Curly One

Reaction score
Flozell Adams is flat killing us with his penalties. He is getting beat and getting penalties. Marion Barber, Wow! Great Game. Very good run by Julius Jones that got called back because of the Flozell penalty. Romo. Great Game. I have to admit Romo is much better than I thought. Some of you have been saying that for a long time but I did not see it. I was not sure it was the right move last year when he took over for Bledsoe. It defiantly was the right move.
We may have good a good break on the fumble recovery but we also had Patrick Crayton drop a sure touchdown so the breaks went both ways. Our offense made good use of the takeaways our defense got.
Good play calling by Jason Garrett and Witten had a good game. Overall the Cowboys are starting to look like the team to beat in the NFC. The Cowboys may just be the real deal. Curly

utrunner07

Reaction score
Flozell is one of the best....rember how hard it was to replace him when he was out for a season???? and the hold was a bad call...i get frustrated with his penalities too but ill take 2 false starts everygame if he continues to perform like he has.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
please...I doubt anything other than the one false start was a legit call...this was a total hose job of an officiating effort

Adams did a great job tonight

David

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
The false starts are a real pain granted. Flo destroyed the Defensive Player of year in Taylor last week though.

The holding penalties on Flo so far this year. I think there have been 3 of them. I think all 3 have been pretty darn week. I'd like to see them all again, but if that is holding, our guys are being held every play.

He's got a reputation now and the refs are killing him with questionable calls on the holds anyway. Julius has a good play called back every time. Maybe Flo doesn't like Julius, doesn't seem to happen on Barber plays hehe.

Larry

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
As much as Flo is killing us, he's to dang valuable to get rid of right now.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
13 games left in the Flo era, but his replacement might make you yearn for him. He may drive you crazy, but the alternative could be a lot worse.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1665199 said:
please...I doubt anything other than the one false start was a legit call...this was a total hose job of an officiating effort

Adams did a great job tonight

David

Yeah Dallas had to beat the Bears and the refs. I didn't know the refs are on the schedule! But Flo needs to become less of a false start machine, after 10 he's bound to have the NFL record for that!

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Da Hammer;1665230 said:
every week u can count on a couple of Adams penalties...

yep, he's as reliable as anybody on the team, a strong game run blocking, decent pass block, and a false start or two.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
What was that old guys name? Phil Posderek? That should be Flo's new name.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I wonder how many of those false start penalties have to do with Adams' hearing problem.

I'm not making excuses for him because I've never been a fan of the guy.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Like I said probowl or not Flozell adams is just bad. He isn't fast enough to cover the players that line up opposite him at the LT position... so he needs to compensate for his slow feet by trying to beat him to the POA.

Hence why is is getting all theses penalties.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1665410 said:
Like I said probowl or not Flozell adams is just bad. He isn't fast enough to cover the players that line up opposite him at the LT position... so he needs to compensate for his slow feet by trying to beat him to the POA.

Hence why is is getting all theses penalties.

the holding calls were bogus

he had one or two false starts...who cares? the guy blocks out the sun and the moon

he's playing well

David

Reaction score
He got beat up on a little tonight, but i'd rather him false start twice a game than give up 3 sacks a game. At least Romo can't get blindsided and fumble on a false start.

He's just doing it to get as quick a jump off the snap as he can so speed rushers don't run around him. He's strong, not quick footed.

Parche

Reaction score
dbair1967;1665432 said:
the holding calls were bogus

he had one or two false starts...who cares? the guy blocks out the sun and the moon

he's playing well

David

Yes, he´s having false starts and he should improve on that.

But other than that, he´s playing fine to great, or even more.