Flozell thinks the O-line was ok on Sunday

nflandbooze

Reaction score
Anyone else catch that in the FWST? Seriously?

When is someone going to be held accountable for anything?

Reaction score
nflandbooze;2338471 said:

One week Romo has 15 seconds to throw back there.... the next he has 2.

Must be Garrett's fault...

fortdick

Reaction score

Besides his left arm being numb, I think he has a numb brain as well. Romo took a beating I wouldn't wish on Joe Theismann.

Smith22

Reaction score
Most of them were OK, except for Adams. Adams was awful. How much did the arm play into it is the question?

nflandbooze

Reaction score
Here's part of the article:

Give left tackle Flozell Adams a chance to pledge to ramp up his game after that Desert Disaster and be a leader in such trying times.

"Hey," Adams said, "we did all right."

And he was actually serious, after that pig of a game this Cow offensive line dropped in Arizona, with him being Piggy No. 1.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Maybe if we ignore the problem it will go away.

God thinking Hotel. You seem to have plenty of vacancies between the ears if you really think that the line did okay. It was pretty ugly and was made worse by Tony not stepping up in the pocket. All and all, it wasn't okay.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Smith22;2338491 said:
Most of them were OK, except for Adams. Adams was awful. How much did the arm play into it is the question?

I am sure it was some of the problem--but I think Flozell is going back to his true colors --I still think he was a mistake to resign ---I know a lot of people around here like him -but I remember to many games when, he wasn't off sides ,he was standing there watching his man hammer the qb --I will amit he was better with Parcells around --but not much. And I know things where worse when he was hurt --but we didn't have any one to take his place.

That fact that he thinks the line was ok has to be the biggest joke of the day,
next to him

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It may well be an aberration. Tony has had all day to throw which is one reason he's got a ridiculously high QB rating and good numbers. They didn't all of a sudden forget how to play.

His injury explains a lot and I can see now why it affected him. Again, why didn't they pull him or help him out. That my friends is inexperience on the part of our OC.

If he's well and this continues then we may have a problem.

If that blurb is not taken out of context then it was at least poorly timed.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
you QB has a broken pinky....we only had 40 something rush yards and you think yall was okay.....:rolleyes:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jobberone;2338552 said:
If that blurb is not taken out of context

Without context (the question he was asked and his complete answer), it's impossible to know exactly what Adams was talking about or what he meant by his answer.

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2338587 said:
Without context (the question he was asked and his complete answer), it's impossible to know exactly what Adams was talking about or what he meant by his answer.

Maybe so.

But you can't question that fact that the OL was thoroughly demolished by the Cards on Sunday. And Flozell was the worst of a pretty bad group.

When talking about last Sunday ising the term "OK" in any context shows to me that there are too many people in this organization have their heads in the sand and refuse to look at what's staring them in the face: this teams continuing underperformance given the talent level on this roster.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
nflandbooze;2338494 said:
Quote:
Give left tackle Flozell Adams a chance to pledge to ramp up his game after that Desert Disaster and be a leader in such trying times.

"Hey," Adams said, "we did all right."

And he was actually serious, after that pig of a game this Cow offensive line dropped in Arizona, with him being Piggy No. 1.

I agree with Flozell, if by "alright" he meant "alright by a really crappy O-line's standards".

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Smith22;2338491 said:

They were? Is that why we couldn't run the ball for ****?

They all sucked.

And they better get it together or else Brad Johnson is on IR after one quarter.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
jobberone;2338552 said:
It may well be an aberration. Tony has had all day to throw which is one reason he's got a ridiculously high QB rating and good numbers. They didn't all of a sudden forget how to play.

His injury explains a lot and I can see now why it affected him. Again, why didn't they pull him or help him out. That my friends is inexperience on the part of our OC.

If he's well and this continues then we may have a problem.

If that blurb is not taken out of context then it was at least poorly timed.

Romo didn't get hurt until the 1st play of OT. There were only two offensive snaps after that and I'm sure Romo didn't know it was broken until after the game. It's hard to blame Garrett for that.

Plus, Flozell had a limp LEFT arm during the game and that contributed to that very average DE beating him around the corner at times throughout the day.

Arizona benefitted from a perfect storm of miscues and injuries and still had to go to overtime to beat Dallas.

Maybe this is a glass half full perspective but we're seeing teams hit the Cowboys with their best punch every week and they are falling short more often than not. Not to mention, Dallas is giving them ways to stick around every week by beating themselves with mistakes.

I think (hope) that the fact the Brad Johnson is starting will cause the team to focus, play together and limit mistakes. Pacman being suspended and Newman being out should have the same effect. That seems to be what has been missing from the formula...

Oh yeah, when does Roy come back?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
kidcrook;2338716 said:
Romo didn't get hurt until the 1st play of OT. There were only two offensive snaps after that and I'm sure Romo didn't know it was broken until after the game. It's hard to blame Garrett for that.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Adams' injury.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

I have a hard time cricizing flozell. It was a bad matchup for him and he fought through an injury to keep playing and be there for his teammates.

Flozell never talks to the media, which i love. he never whines and he never complains, he never gloats and He would never do anything to harm this team or his teammates.

You have to like a guy like Flozell adams. I take my hat off to him.

DA FAN

Reaction score
We should let Flozell stand back there like a QB and let the LBs and DL hit him as many times as Romo got hit this past game and then let's see if he thinks the same thing. Estupido.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
theebs;2338765 said:
I have a hard time cricizing flozell. It was a bad matchup for him and he fought through an injury to keep playing and be there for his teammates.

Flozell never talks to the media, which i love. he never whines and he never complains, he never gloats and He would never do anything to harm this team or his teammates.

You have to like a guy like Flozell adams. I take my hat off to him.

Sorry Theebs --I don't like Flozell and I never will ---He had all the tools to be one of the greats and he is average -unless he is close to a contract. I can still see him standing there with his hands on his hips after someone has blow passed him and is fixin to kill our QB --no heart and no try --we should have send him down the road