Flozell without L.A.

Manster54

Reaction score
First new thread, so don't hurt me to badly. I commented about this in another thread. How do you think Flozell will perform coming off a serious injury without Larry Allen playing next to him? I fear it will be a tough year for Flo. He is probably going to become close friends with Hannam.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I keep thinking about that season about three years ago when LA was down most of the season with that foot injury and Flozell played horribly. Then again that was the same season Emmitt looked acrossed the huddle and shook the hand of a free agent OLineman cuz he hadn't met him before.

I remember everyone was surprised Bill signed him to such a big deal because we were ready to run him out of town after such a horrible season.

Flozell really may not be the same with LA there. LA was his anchor.

The Curly One

Reaction score
Look for Flozell to have his best year ever if he does not get hurt. The offensive line will be a much needed improvement this year. Curly

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I don't think he was good last season and people on this board and others said so before he went down. Next season in my opinion he will be sub par and miss LA a lot. Mark it down people will be calling for his head in the first three games.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i think flozell adams is overrated...

i've seen too many replays of him giving less than 100%.

calico

Reaction score
The hotel is one of those players that I just never really got. He could look amazing and horrible at the same time.

His worth really came out last year when he went down. I think he will be just fine and probably our best o-linemen overall.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
He is one of the better LT's in the NFC. Solid but unspectacular player.

with all due respect big un...

i think he takes too many plays off...

how you doing tonight ?

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I think its more than just a coincidence that the offense's numbers went down drastically after Flo got injured. Bledsoe was the NFC's top QB when Flo was in the lineup. The minute Flo down, so did Bledsoe and the offense's numbers. It wasn't an accident...

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't think there is any question that Flozell has been a bit of an enigma. It's been reported many times that Flozell relies on Larry a lot on that side. I happen to think that Flo is perfectly capable of standing on his own, and his talent is beyond question.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
And that's reason #21985423 why I don't freaking get the Larry Allen cut when we're still over $10m under the cap.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy said:
And that's reason #21985423 why I don't freaking get the Larry Allen cut when we're still over $10m under the cap.

Agreed! Flo was playing lighjts-out last year before he got injured, but it was Larry Allen there beside him providing him leadership and direction. With LA gone, who's going to keep Flo focused & in check? It sure won't be Kossier.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Flo is a great RT who has the ability to play LT in an above-average manner. I suspect that he will play well next year now that he doesn't have to deal with LA constantly missing blocks in space beside him.

I do think we should begin thinking about the next stage of Flo's career when he moves to RT once this contract is up. In order to facilitate this, we need to bring in a legit LT prospect and this would be a good year to do it with several good choices in the last first and early second rounds including Justice, Winston Scott and a couple of others.

Gfunk

Reaction score
how many seasons did these two play together?

and you don't expect Adams' play to hurt a bit without Allen in the lineup?

come on now, everyone knows offensive lines aren't built overnight

consistancy on the offensive line is more important than any other unit on the team

Justis

Reaction score
Flozell is an awesome pass-blocker, but only a decent run-blocker. I really don't know what Allen could have done for him. I've no doubt he'll come back as a force on the oline. Add some real pulling guards capable of lateral movement and I think he will be used to his potential.

heir

Reaction score
Flozell is basically Erik Williams after his injury. Solid but not dominating at all.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Back up to 2003 the season the year the Adams came into his own.

That was Larry Allen on the bicycle in TC and dogging it the whole year.

Larry Allen wasnt keeping himself in check much less Flozell.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
He is one of the better LT's in the NFC. Solid but unspectacular player.

I've always thought he had as much talent as anyone in the league and
could be as dominating as Larry Allen was in his prime. That said, I do not
believe he has ever lived up to that potential and could be replaced with
someone with less talent and a strong work ethic. I think if that happened,
we will be wondering why we didn't get rid of him and LA sooner. Thats all--
thats a lot of thinking for me this early:eek:: :D

Rumor

Reaction score
BAZ said:
I don't think he was good last season and people on this board and others said so before he went down. Next season in my opinion he will be sub par and miss LA a lot. Mark it down people will be calling for his head in the first three games.

I disagree....