Football 365 April Mock Draft

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BLT;1447667 said:
you know i was just thinking and i dont think any 1 knows who were going to pick.. its just going to be the best player who slips.. if its carricker or alan branch or some 1 like that then i think well def take them

I usually have a pretty good idea who we are going to pick, but I must say this year I'm not really sure. I know what positions/players, but because the draft board is all over the place with other teams it's hard to tell who will actually be there at #22 making it impossible to key on any certain player.

My thoughts on how it *could* go down (in a very ambiguous sense)

#1 round @ #22:

We will not take a WR unless Bowe is on the board and with Branch/Akoye gone.
We WILL take a CB (Hall/Revis/Ross) if Branch, Akoye, Bowe are off the board.
(if on the board and other missing)
Otherwise, we take Jarvis Moss, Ted Ginn, Levi Brown, Chris Houston

Of course is some of the *more special* players slip, then toss this out the window. (Anderson, Willis, Adams, etc)

If all these players on on the board, Cowboys will draft Branch.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Most articles I have read agree that Blalock can play guard or right tackle in the NFL. The common profile on him says that he should be a dominant run blocker and at least adequate in pass protection... early in his career. He is huge and also a very strong player. He was part of a chamionship team. He seems like a very safe pick ( i.e. pick him and he will be an immediate upgrade to a guard spot or hold down a right tackle spot, and help your running game either way) so plenty of teams will move him up their draft boards. I think that he will be a great "consolation prize" for a team in the top 20 who watch their top 1 or 2 choices get snapped up by a suprise early run on DL.

There are a lot of wr's and db's with 1st and 2nd round grades but very few offensive linemen who are deemed capable of starting immediately, and probably a prerennial pro-bowl candidate for 10 yrs.

I wouldn't be overly disappointed if we took him as long as Branch, Okoye, Bowe, Revis, Carriker, Landry were already gone. Blalock is a very safe pick in the 10-20 range.