FootballsFuture Free Agent DL

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I would not mind Abrahm at the other OLB spot at all. He has the speed, and pretty ideal size.

I dont think the injuries will be a problem, but the contract he is gonna want just might.

If we dont get him, we need somoene who can get to the QB on the other side desperately. I see it as more important than FS for sure. That's really what was missing on this defense...another player who could get to the QB, and help us disguise our rush a bit more.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I would not mind Abrahm at the other OLB spot at all. He has the speed, and pretty ideal size.

I dont think the injuries will be a problem, but the contract he is gonna want just might.

If we dont get him, we need somoene who can get to the QB on the other side desperately. I see it as more important than FS for sure. That's really what was missing on this defense...another player who could get to the QB, and help us disguise our rush a bit more.
I see your point, afterall, a QB can't throw very well while on his back. :D

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
I see your point, afterall, a QB can't throw very well while on his back. :D

Davis has a ****load of talent. Thats for sure. He's around the ball, and he's a hitter. He's just not THAT great in coverage. He had a good amount of picks in NFLE if I remember correctly.

An off-season of film study and coaching couldn't hurt the guy.

Regardless of how anyone puts it, we just weren't that great at rushing the QB as the season went on. No LB besides Ware got even 3 sacks.

Look at succesful 3-4 defenses and their OLBs...Pittsburghs OLB had 19.5 combined sacks....Colvin and McGinnest had 13....Hell, Philips and Merriman combined for 15 and they didnt even make the playoffs.

Ware is a real good OLB, he had alot of pressures and had his sacks, but he really neds to get some help on the other side.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Kimo Von Oelhoffen, DT, Pittsburgh: The perfect cog in a top notch defense, von Oelhoffen is the type of player who acts as the glue between players. He may not get the stats, but without him, no one else would. At age 34, he is likely to resign with Pitt and finish out his career tutoring a midround pick. One place he won't be next season is Cincinnati.

hmmm...this is interesting

he could be a good fit if we can get him cheap...cheap

hes got lots of 3-4 experience w/ pitt and makes plays, wouldnt mind seeing him around for depth. only problem i see with him being around for a year or 2 is that he would obviously take playing time away from the young guys like ratliff