For #6 Defense has to lead the way.

Champsheart

Reaction score
If this team truly is a Championship quality team, which obviously is yet to be determined, the DEFENSE in my opinion is who will lead us there.

I do not think there is much question that the addition of Terrell Owens is the main reason so many people have jumped on the Cowboy's bandwagon, and no doubt the talent he brings will surely help.

BUT..

To me this Defense is the key! I truly believe we have one of the best Secondaries in the NFL. I expect big things this year from all of them. We should be able to lock receivers down and create plays.

The Front 7 is starting to look scary to the rest of the NFL, and if Greg Ellis truly can transition to his Outside Linebacker spot in this 3-4 look out.

The thoughts of Canty, Ferguson, Spears, Ellis, Ware, James, and Akin or Carpenter on the field at the same time looks BRUTAL. Not to mention backups like Burnett, Ratliff, Hatcher, and the likes.

If this talent much in their 1st and 2nd years in the league or 3-4 can put it together then I do see a possible Championship in Dallas. They are the key in my opinion. Sure the offense has to still do their thing, but the D side of the ball is where I see the possibility to dominate games.

And if they can dominate and set up our Offense in good situations then this team will be as dangerous as anyone in the NFL.

It also appears this Defense is trying to bring back the old Swagger.

LOOK OUT WE JUST MAY BE COMING TO HIT YOU! :starspin

DBoys

Reaction score
Good post and I totally agree.

Defense wins Championships nuff said

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I think w/ good field position, our team has enough weapons to compensate for the iffiness of our line. Our like was iffy last year , JJ was injured, we had terrible kicking and we still almost one the division....

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Like I've been saying all along, WR was NOT our problem last season. K, OL, and lack of depth and experience on defense were what hurt us most last year.

We have addressed all of those areas and adding Owens is just icing if he pans out. He is an upgrade over Keyshawn in terms of drawing a double-team and forcing the defense to account for him if he can stay on the field. If not then I am very confident that Crayton can step in and perform well for us.

I absolutely LOVE the depth we have on defense this year and can't wait to see these guys on the field in a real game.

I will hate it if when we win the SB people start saying it was because we signed Owens because it won't be true. It wasn't true about Deion and it won't be true about Owens.