For all of you benchpress freaks out there ....

Woods

Reaction score
NCAA | Kudla ties Combine record
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:19:08 -0800

Ohio State DL Mike Kudla tied an NFL Combine record with 45 reps of 225 pounds. He tied the record set by free agent DL Leif Larsen in 2000.

But can he stay healthy?

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Woods said:
NCAA | Kudla ties Combine record
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:19:08 -0800

Ohio State DL Mike Kudla tied an NFL Combine record with 45 reps of 225 pounds. He tied the record set by free agent DL Leif Larsen in 2000.

But can he stay healthy?

He said he has done 52 before.

Woods

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
He said he has done 52 before.

That is quite amazing.

He would give LA a run for his money . . . .

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Woods said:
That is quite amazing.

He would give LA a run for his money . . . .

It would be interesting. These guys are training themselves just for the combine whereas LA wasn't and just played a full season of NFL. Even still, I'd be hard pressed to see them outbench LA's 700 lbs.

Rich..........

SlwSVT

Reaction score
Cool, he tied a guy Leif Larson who never made it in the NFL

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
It would be interesting. These guys are training themselves just for the combine whereas LA wasn't and just played a full season of NFL. Even still, I'd be hard pressed to see them outbench LA's 700 lbs.

Rich..........
The most impressive bench press feat I ever saw was a WWF wrestler who called himself the Warlord.

19 reps with 500 pounds.

That's just wrong.

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile said:
The most impressive bench press feat I ever saw was a WWF wrestler who called himself the Warlord.

19 reps with 500 pounds.

That's just wrong.

How much steroids do you need to take to accomplish that feat? :laugh2:

That's insane!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Hostile said:

19 reps with 500 pounds.

That's just wrong.

Yeah, he was a massive juicer. I had a couple of friends that worked for the WWF and they actually said the strongest wrestler before Mark Henry came along was either Big Bully Busick or Dino Bravo. Since both wrestled during the Warlord's time with the company, that's astounding.

Rich.........

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woods said:
How much steroids do you need to take to accomplish that feat? :laugh2:

That's insane!
I actually know who supplied the WWF's steroids in those days. If you see old films of matches there is always one Events staff guy who is huge and wore a black beret backwards. He was Dr. Feelgood for juice for the wrestlers. My source is a former WWF wrestler.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I actually know who supplied the WWF's steroids in those days. If you see old films of matches there is always one Events staff guy who is huge and wore a black beret backwards. He was Dr. Feelgood for juice for the wrestlers. My source is a former WWF wrestler.[/QUOTE]

Yes But we need the name of your source...Or we can't believe it.:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Do you really want to know?

No...I was just making fun of people who think that every source has to be named to be legit...If every source was named...They wouldn't be a source for very long.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
SlwSVT said:

Wanna bet a dollar? Larsen hooked on with the Bills back in the Gregg Williams era. He was fighting for a starting job until they signed Sam Adams and Pat Williams...

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Yeah, he was a massive juicer. I had a couple of friends that worked for the WWF and they actually said the strongest wrestler before Mark Henry came along was either Big Bully Busick or Dino Bravo. Since both wrestled during the Warlord's time with the company, that's astounding.

Rich.........

Warlord got into an accident with a pizza delivery guy a few years back and won a settlement against the pizza franchise I believe.

In his pre-WWF days, when he was first paired with the Barbarian as the Powers of Pain under Paul Jones in NWA Mid-Atlantic, they had an infamous bench press contest against the Road Warriors that would have been fascinating to witness had it been allowed to play out. Instead, the angle was that the Powers attacked Animal when he was getting ready for a lift and the contest never got past the first lift of 225, IIRC.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Rich.........

I and 3 others from my HS wrestling team ...got to wrestle Andrie (the Giant) for a charity event...we had it all figured out too I would grab one leg another guy the other and the other 2 would push him over and we would just jump on top of him and pin him...

Great plan... till we meet Andrie... he shook my hand and his hand completely covered mine and half my forearm...I was a little nervous about our plan after that but still decided to give it a go...so we four go out there and I grab his right leg and the other his left and the other 2 pushed just like we planned... and he just stood by and watched us...well I might have had better luck uprooting a tree...I think they said he weighed 550 LBS...but to me it seemed like the one leg weighed that...(I weighed in at 138 LBS I think at that time) us 4 supposedly out weighed him but we couldn't do anything...He then just took his hand and put it between me and his leg and pushed me right to the canvas and pinned me with sicken ease and I looked to my right and see he just did the same to the other guy on his leg..and then took the other two and laid on them and pinned them...the match didn't take but 2-3 minutes... BIG, BIG, man

ps I had went undefeated that year till my match with Andre

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
SlwSVT said:

Funny...that is exactly what I was thinking.....strong is not a sure NFL ticket.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Great plan... till we meet Andrie... he shook my hand and his hand completely covered mine and half my forearm...I was a little nervous about our plan after that but still decided to give it a go...so we four go out there and I grab his right leg and the other his left and the other 2 pushed just like we planned... and he just stood by and watched us...well I might have had better luck uprooting a tree...I think they said he weighed 550 LBS...but to me it seemed like the one leg weighed that...(I weighed in at 138 LBS I think at that time) us 4 supposedly out weighed him but we couldn't do anything...He then just took his hand and put it between me and his leg and pushed me right to the canvas and pinned me with sicken ease and I looked to my right and see he just did the same to the other guy on his leg..and then took the other two and laid on them and pinned them...the match didn't take but 2-3 minutes... BIG, BIG, man

ps I had went undefeated that year till my match with Andre

Andre was supposedly so-so in pushing power for pro wrestlers. He never really did bench presses, but the consensus was that he wouldn't have been all that impressive in doing one.

However, they like to say his pulling power was outright phenomenal.

Rich.........