For Now? or the Future?

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I'm kinda confused, I keep seeing all these posts about how Parcells needs to do a better job building for the future and to stop bringing in all these "old guys."

And then I see posts about how we are in the middle of "rebuilding" and to have patience.

Which is it?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
I'm kinda confused, I keep seeing all these posts about how Parcells needs to do a better job building for the future and to stop bringing in all these "old guys."

And then I see posts about how we are in the middle of "rebuilding" and to have patience.

Which is it?

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league!

Win Now!

For God sake's the Bears are 10-4.

The Cowboys should be is this league.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to continue rebuilding. Anyone who thinks we are that close needs their head examined. We could use:

2 LB's
1 FS
1 K
4 OL
1 QB
1 FB
1 blocking TE.......to name a few......

There is a lot of work to be done.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Sarge said:
We need to continue rebuilding. Anyone who thinks we are that close needs their head examined. We could use:

2 LB's
1 FS
1 K
4 OL
1 QB
1 FB

Well didn't we need just about all that stuff after last season?

Wasn't Parcells paying attention to your list?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I'll give BP credit.......He fixed quite a few holes on D....

Unfortunately.....we still have a few more to fill.esp.OL

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the Cowboys roster. Great start this year and hopefully we can fill another bunch of holes next year. Sure would help if some of those draft picks (Peterman and Rogers for example) would have come through for us.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the Cowboys roster. Great start this year and hopefully we can fill another bunch of holes next year. Sure would help if some of those draft picks (Peterman and Rogers for example) would have come through for us.

Peterman and Rogers......it is ashame....as it turns out those two set us back at least a season.

lspain1

Reaction score
Sarge said:

2 LB's
1 FS
1 K
4 OL
1 QB
1 FB

I think this list might be a 'tad' pessimistic in terms of being a very good team in today's NFL. Regardless of whether or not I agree with you on all of your selected problems, I notice you think we have more problems on offense rather than defense. Parcells has made progress. Last year, that list would have been as long on the defense as on the offense.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Rebuilding....it's a term we have heard for the past 5 years....how long does it take to rebuild?

In today's NFL, you can be crap one year and hot the next.

Every year that we don't have an 11-12 win year, we hear "Well....we are rebuilding."

Bull-crap.

We have holes that need to be fixed....just like every other team. It's more like poor evaluation on the part of those doing the drafting and bringing in vets, more than anything.

BP will not tell you that we are re-building.....does anybody believe that he actually came here JUST to put the team to a point where they are competitive? Hardly. NFL head coaches ego's won't allow them to say anything like that....ESPECIALLY one like BP.

Rebuilding....retooling....whatever you want to call it, went out about 7 years ago.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:

were some of those holes not self inflicted? we had the #1 D in 2003 and then we let people go and did not adequately replace them... we tried to low ball Berry..etc... you know the story... I am wondering if Bill wanted a 3-4 and was determined to have it no matter what so sabotaged the Defense last year in order to have a reason for the change... I can not explain the moves or the lack there of otherwise can you? we had the money...the interest was there from the FA's...again you know the story...but I am at a lose as to why outside the conspiracy theory so I am willing to listen to any reasonable explanation

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
We are three years of very good drafts and judicious free agency signings away from being legitimate Super Bowl contenders- sorry, that's just the way it is. We got teased by the 7-3 record now the end of season collapse is a dose of reality for all of us and for the front office-hopefully it will be a wake up call.