For the record...

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Sorry about the long absence guys, and for those who have been anxiously awaiting the new draft site, my profound apologies. There has been a lot going on around the house, and my little one (6 months old already) is taking more of my time than expected. I will get the new site up and running prior to next year's draft.

Lest everyone think that I have been a complete slacker, however, I wanted to post that I have, indeed, completed a 7-round mock. It is far too long to post it in its entirety, but I have the following picks by the Cowboys:

1st round, #22 - RB Kevin Jones, Virginia Tech

2nd round, #52 - CB Keith Smith, McNeese State

3rd round, #83 - DT Junior Siavii, Oregon

4th round, #121 - OT Adrian Jones, Kansas

5th round, #156 - LB Niko Koutouvides, Purdue

The Cowboys would like to get a starting capable OT in the early rounds, but it may not be the best value...depending upon who slides. I will also be surprised if they stay put on all of these picks and/or don't trade for extra picks. Watch not only Larry Allen (who I still think will be a Cowboy), but also Chad Hutchinson. Teams that want a QB and miss out on the top guys may be willing to trade a mid-round pick for Hutchinson, who is looking fairly decent in Europe. If they can get something for him, he's gone.

So, there it is. Now, only time will tell...

Wulf

Foo Fighter

Benched
Reaction score
Putting family over the Cowboys and the DRAFT!? Unconscionable!

:D

Welcome back, Wulf. Great to hear from you.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Wulfman said:
Sorry about the long absence guys, and for those who have been anxiously awaiting the new draft site, my profound apologies. There has been a lot going on around the house, and my little one (6 months old already) is taking more of my time than expected. I will get the new site up and running prior to next year's draft.

Lest everyone think that I have been a complete slacker, however, I wanted to post that I have, indeed, completed a 7-round mock. It is far too long to post it in its entirety, but I have the following picks by the Cowboys:

1st round, #22 - RB Kevin Jones, Virginia Tech

2nd round, #52 - CB Keith Smith, McNeese State

3rd round, #83 - DT Junior Siavii, Oregon

4th round, #121 - OT Adrian Jones, Kansas

5th round, #156 - LB Niko Koutouvides, Purdue

The Cowboys would like to get a starting capable OT in the early rounds, but it may not be the best value...depending upon who slides. I will also be surprised if they stay put on all of these picks and/or don't trade for extra picks. Watch not only Larry Allen (who I still think will be a Cowboy), but also Chad Hutchinson. Teams that want a QB and miss out on the top guys may be willing to trade a mid-round pick for Hutchinson, who is looking fairly decent in Europe. If they can get something for him, he's gone.

So, there it is. Now, only time will tell...

Wulf

Welcome back. For the record, we didn't take any of those guys. Granted two may still be picked. If it's any consolation, my mock was mock disaster. :eek: