for those who have DSS and Tivo

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I've always had DTV, last week I bought a new big screen (HDTV) but didnt get the HDTV tuner because the picture quality was still awesome (and because the HD Tuner was still alot of $$$ and trouble) ...super sharp, crisp and bold colors with it..

yesterday I got Tivo hooked up, got the box from DTV and unfortunately it hurt the picture quality alot...no more bold bright colors, kind of fuzzy picture..is this normal with Tivo? I called DTV and they said they normally dont get any picture quality complaints with the new Tivo boxes, I wonder if this is normal or if I got a bad receiver...

anyone with any input, chime in...

thanks

David

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I have DirecTv and I have two Tivo players and I've had no problems at all. The picture and sound are as good if not better than before I got Tivo.

Maybe you have some connetion wrong. I have my VCR hooked up also and my Tv has two tuners and if I use the one that the VCR is hook up to, the picture is not quite as clear. But as soon as I switch to the other tuner it's beautiful. The reason being is that the signal is going in and then out throught the VCR, which will not give you as good a picture than just going thru the Tivo player.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
I have DirecTv and I have two Tivo players and I've had no problems at all. The picture and sound are as good if not better than before I got Tivo.

Maybe you have some connetion wrong. I have my VCR hooked up also and my Tv has two tuners and if I use the one that the VCR is hook up to, the picture is not quite as clear. But as soon as I switch to the other tuner it's beautiful. The reason being is that the signal is going in and then out throught the VCR, which will not give you as good a picture than just going thru the Tivo player.

thanks, I called the store where I got it and they said it sounds like I might have a processor board prob with the TV...they are coming out to fix it...

David

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Well that sounds like more like it. I've had my Tivo for almost 1 year and it's great. I don't know how I got along before without it! :D Good luck and enjoy!