For you Oline watchers....

aikemirv

Reaction score
How did Montrae Holland perform.

I watched the game but I never can force myself to concentrate on one Olineman to see how he is doing.

What did you guys think?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I personally thought he did great in run blocking and had a couple of plays where he struggled in pass blocking, but was a huge improvement over Proctor.

sbark

Reaction score
Seattle gave us a bunch of blitz paks 2nd half....have not heard of how he handled those--from someone who was able to re-watch the game etc

Seattle was able to make Romo slide in the pocket, but if my memory serves me right the slides were mainly to his left...toward Hollands side

I would say a learning curve probably still there for Holland and Choice with the Blitz paks...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
He was ok for what I could see, but next week against the Steelers. He is going to have a whole lot more trouble than he did against the Seahawks. Lebeau *will* expose his weakness.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its truly dumb of me to say this but after 1 game I think we have found a guy who will be our starter for years to come at that position.

I'll be suprised if Kosier gets his job back next year based on the potential I see in Holland.

When he run blocks he doesn't just get locked up with the guy. They get locked up and moved.

When he pass blocks he basically stones the guy and doesn't get knocked back.

He also did a good job helping his center and tackle when no one was over him.

He did get beat a couple times, everyone does, but overall easily won his battle on thursday.

I really liked his block on Barbers TD, out of the gun, at the Goal line.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CATCH17;2454978 said:
Its truly dumb of me to say this but after 1 game I think we have found a guy who will be our starter for years to come at that position.

I'll be suprised if Kosier gets his job back next year based on the potential I see in Holland.

When he run blocks he doesn't just get locked up with the guy. They get locked up and moved.

When he pass blocks he basically stones the guy and doesn't get knocked back.

He also did a good job helping his center and tackle when no one was over him.

He did get beat a couple times, everyone does, but overall easily won his battle on thursday.

I really liked his block on Barbers TD, out of the gun, at the Goal line.

He keeps eating like a Moo Cow in the off season, he won't be playing much football.

hm2cow.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
nyc;2455044 said:
He keeps eating like a Moo Cow in the off season, he won't be playing much football.

hm2cow.jpg

Agreed but Coach Joe usually does a fantastic job getting our guys in shape and really helps players develop.

Im excited to see what guy like Holland, Roy E Williams, Bennett, Scandrick, Jenkins, Felix, and Choice look like next season.

I imagine they will all be in the best shape of their lives.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't remember but one bad play but I didn't watch the OL that hard either. Romo had a good day so they had to have been doing something well as a unit.