Twitter: Forbath Worked Out Yesterday at UCLA

John813

Reaction score
Lol. With what we had to compare him to yes. I am just not sure how he is on longer kicks. I don’t remember what his longest kick was but he nailed all of them. Not sure why the pats cut him. Honestly if there was a outstanding kicker then I would use a later round draft pick on one.

It was due to waiting for Nick Folk, yup that guy, to recover from injury.. Cut him and then re-signed Folk when he was healthy. Also, probably didn't like Kai missing a XP versus the Texans.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:yourock:
Lol. With what we had to compare him to yes. I am just not sure how he is on longer kicks. I don’t remember what his longest kick was but he nailed all of them. Not sure why the pats cut him. Honestly if there was a outstanding kicker then I would use a later round draft pick on one.
He was a loaner while their regular kicker healed up from an injury. They had no plan to keep him.
Whoops. I just now saw another post say the same thing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hey after how bad Maher was, we need to take it serious lol!!!
we agree on that. We could even draft one. Packers drafted Mason Crosby while MM was there. That's worked out real well. The kicker from Georgia should be on our radar.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we agree on that. We could even draft one. Packers drafted Mason Crosby while MM was there. That's worked out real well. The kicker from Georgia should be on our radar.
Forbath is money for most kicks. I prefer consistency on the high percentage kicks. Maher was a jaw dropper on the long kicks, but not worth the angst on the gimmes.

Carson

Reaction score
Forbath is money for most kicks. I prefer consistency on the high percentage kicks. Maher was a jaw dropper on the long kicks, but not worth the angst on the gimmes.

Excellent point.

Give me the guy who is 95-100% from under 45. Makes most of the 50+ yards

Over the guy who makes one 60 yarder but is inconsistent under 50.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent point.

Give me the guy who is 95-100% from under 45. Makes most of the 50+ yards

Over the guy who makes one 60 yarder but is inconsistent under 50.
The fact that we went for the long kicks as often as we did was a failure of the game plan and metrics. Team couldn't get it done as needed for third down - too many long drives that stalled out.