Forget vandy,the OLINE was.....

juck

Reaction score
so horrible.wow.they blocked nobody.i hope BP works their ***** off this week.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
juckie said:
so horrible.wow.they blocked nobody.i hope BP works their ***** off this week.
The Oline did fine. I didn't see a single sack and Minny had 8 and 9 men fronts to stop the run. How do you think we passed for 418 yards?

ravidubey

Reaction score
nyc said:
The Oline did fine. I didn't see a single sack and Minny had 8 and 9 men fronts to stop the run. How do you think we passed for 418 yards?

Our fanbase is used to running to set up the pass when our team is built for the pass to set up the run. That's a frustrating approach for most of us, I think.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Say what you want about this oline but the pass blocking has looked tremendously better than last year.

We get Flozell back in a week or 2 so that will help the run blocking.

Also the Vikings are one of those teams like us that its just hard to run on.

The only way to run on teams like us is to wear us down.

If you dont do that you wont be successfull.

So am I worried about the running attack? No

Could it be better? Yes

But I think it will take 4 quarters for us to run against good defenses and not just a half of football.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think the OL look decent last night. They got no push at all in the running game against the Vikes first unit D but that's probably the best front four in football right now. Those guys are no joke. I thought they did OK considering.

juck

Reaction score
I hate when people say that the defense was really good,so what.the oline got pushed around in the running game bad.and if this team wants to go far they have to be able to handle those better d lines.

superpunk

Reaction score
phenomenal pass blocking

Sub-par run blocking.

It's something we need to correct. But the blanket "the Oline sucks" statement isn't true.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
juckie said:
I hate when people say that the defense was really good,so what.the oline got pushed around in the running game bad.and if this team wants to go far they have to be able to handle those better d lines.

Sometimes it takes an Oline 4 quarters of pounding the rock to start to gash a defense.

Its hard to run the ball in pre-season period and it is almost impossible to establish any kind of running game just because you dont have enough time to establish it.

And whether you like it or not the Vikings have a very good front 7.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
how can you just write off the kicker missing two chip shot field goals in OT yet freak out about the offensive line not dominating when they got a 7th rounder starting at left tackle?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i just dont like how our starting rb had 8 carries for negative yardage...that what kills me the most

juck

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
how can you just write off the kicker missing two chip shot field goals in OT yet freak out about the offensive line not dominating when they got a 7th rounder starting at left tackle?

I am not writing it off,but what can u do,it is what it is.he missed two.i think he will be ok but if he isnt what can we do?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
The second half is not too relevant. Our RB's rushed for -1 yards in the first half against their starters. The Vikes are good but so are the Jags. And so for that matter are the teams in our division. If we can't run the ball in this offense we can't win. Alarmed is the wrong word but I am concerned.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
juckie said:

I agree....well said
And the Jaguars front 7 is better than the Vikings..
Bill better put together a great gameplan for the OL

superpunk

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
The second half is not too relevant. Our RB's rushed for -1 yards in the first half against their starters. The Vikes are good but so are the Jags. And so for that matter are the teams in our division. If we can't run the ball in this offense we can't win. Alarmed is the wrong word but I am concerned.

The run game's struggle is undeniable. But, if Bledsoe can consistently hit 90% of his passes when teams stick 8 men in the box, I think we'll loosen some teams up, don't you? I don't think Bledsoe was on the field for his last throw, which is why I said 90%. :p:

I also think with better timing, or maybe just having Bledsoe in there, that stop route to TO is a TD regular season. In which case we go into the half tied with a very good team, having only given up one drive to them.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Our fanbase is used to running to set up the pass when our team is built for the pass to set up the run. That's a frustrating approach for most of us, I think.

I, for one, love passing to set up the run. It's always been when you're playing the Cowboys expect a run on every 1st down and more often than not you'll get it and stuff it. Expect a run on every 3rd and very long and most often on 2nd and very long.

I can't back that up with stats, but that's the way it feels to me. We have been so predictible in the past.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
the vikes have 3 first rounders on the d-line to go along with pat williams.