Former PHI coordinators releasing vets in hopes of fortifying Iggles' SB chances?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Think this came up on a caller to Eatman's show, and it piqued his interest as it did mine, and conspiracy theorists across the fruited plain.

Factoid 1: Eagles have had injury problems at LB and at TE this season.

Factoid 2: Eagles had one coordinator get hired as HC in IND, and another hired as HC in ARZ, of course.

Factoid 3: IND releases a LB, Shaq Leonard. ARZ releases a TE, Zach Ertz. The former has ties to the PHI head coach, and the latter has ties both to him and to the team.

Not so silly conspiracy theory: Former PHI coordinators releasing vets in hopes of fortifying Eagles' SB chances???

Hmmmmmm.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I’m drinking a Merlot tonight… you drinking something similar ?
tenor.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Think this came up on a caller to Eatman's show, and it piqued his interest as it did mine, and conspiracy theorists across the fruited plain.

Factoid 2: Eagles had one coordinator get hired as HC in IND, and another hired as HC in ARZ, of course.

Factoid 3: IND releases a LB, Shaq Leonard. ARZ releases a TE, Zach Ertz. The former has ties to the PHI head coach, and the latter has ties both to him and to the team.

Not so silly conspiracy theory: Former PHI coordinators releasing vets in hopes of fortifying Eagles' SB chances???

Hmmmmmm.
It is weird that it lines up with their needs, but I don't think it helps those head coaches to release players to help another team unless they think it will get them a return to Philly when they are fired.

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
Are the GMs of those teams ex Philly personnel?

Because I thought those decisions were made by them, and not so much the coordinators.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I know the first thing when I get a new job is to take cash and resources from my new employer and send it to my old employer.

It makes perfect sense.

plasticman

Reaction score
The decisions were made in the best interests of their current teams. To suggest otherwise is a serious accusation against their character.

Every HC in the NFL knows that they have 31 opponents and many of them are going to play a significant role in his career as competitors. Their loyalties lie 100% with their current teams.

This is the conspiracy theory of someone that doesn't understand the nature of sports competition.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Hmmmmmm.
It’s a stupid, dumb , ignorant and ridiculous conspiracy theory. But you cakes keep promoting it. Make it that much sweeter if the Cowboys win.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Some flavor for this thread........
LOL ....Jaws looks like he's about to p____ or something

_sturt_

Reaction score
(To no one in particular... some of you take this stuff too seriously. You really do. That a person thinks it's an interesting take should not necessarily be taken to mean the same person believed the interesting take is anything more than that. :) Now, I get why it's easy to assume, of course, but sometimes the more prudent option is to take a slower approach. Sometimes it's mostly for giggles.)

JustChip

Reaction score
I know the first thing when I get a new job is to take cash and resources from my new employer and send it to my old employer.

It makes perfect sense.
I don’t think it’s so far fetched, not necessarily to help the Eagles, but the players to sign with a contender for the rest of the season. If the team is out of the playoff hunt and has plans of separating from the player, it makes sense to move on now. It happens all the time in preseason.

In Ertz’s case, maybe he went to coaching or the front office and asked to be released knowing Philly needs a TE.

visionary

Reaction score

It makes perfect sense.
If your previous boss got you the interview and talked to your new boss to help you get the promotion and new job, its not so far fetched

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Some flavor for this thread........
LOL ....Jaws looks like he's about to p____ or something

Randall is the only one who stayed off the cheesesteaks, and he’s the only one who dressed up, and he’s the only one wearing green.