Fortune is favored to the bold

Praxit

Reaction score
I saw this again play out in the bills/ Eagles game. On Eagles final drive with less than 2 minutes, trailing by three. the bills played soft and did not want to give up the home run. Instead the Eagles marched on the field and got the field goal. That's when you blitz and you play to win the game.

And in overtime Bills went right back to playing soft. Eagles marched down the field and eventually getting a touchdown for the win
That was the same type mentality of Jason Garrett days.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You can't blitz you are happy if your front 4 can do the work. You blitz, you have one on one coverage, you miss the tackle, and BOOM big play!!!

Praxit

Reaction score
Yes, McDermott sucks.

Anyone who pays attention to Buffalo knows this. He is a smart defensive mind but a poor head coach.
.. remember the Patriot dynasty teams??
They always played bold down to the final seconds.
They were a menace in overtime games.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What?

DQ isn't a good HC either. I don't think he's even a better DC.
wow I could see the head coach thing which is what i'm referring to, but the DC you're crazy!!!!! He's the reason why we are what we are, it's not just about getting stops, and stats, it's about his engagement in selecting players, his interactions and involvement in decisions!! Players love playing for him, you can't miss this

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
wow I could see the head coach thing which is what i'm referring to, but the DC you're crazy!!!!! He's the reason why we are what we are, it's not just about getting stops, and stats, it's about his engagement in selecting players, his interactions and involvement in decisions!! Players love playing for him, you can't miss this
No, the offense is.

DQ is good at playing with a lead and pretty meh otherwise. Give him Buffalo's talent and the defense stinks.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Get a lead and hold or extend it. Don't put yourself in that position the Bills were in, in the first place. Dallas made the same mistake when they went to Philly. Don't keep Philly in the game.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's so easy to critique....how many of you have called a game? My first year I called every play in all three phases., went 5-5....the next year I brought in 5 new coaches....let them coach my system, but I stilled called about 30% of the plays and we went 12-1....calling a game isn't as easy as some of you think.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I saw this again play out in the bills/ Eagles game. On Eagles final drive with less than 2 minutes, trailing by three. the bills played soft and did not want to give up the home run. Instead the Eagles marched on the field and got the field goal. That's when you blitz and you play to win the game.

And in overtime Bills went right back to playing soft. Eagles marched down the field and eventually getting a touchdown for the win
That was the same type mentality of Jason Garrett days.
Buffalo did nothing creative on D. They sat in their zone with very little pass rush. No blitzing etc. They should have at least tried rushing 5. They let Hurts run way to much also.

Praxit

Reaction score
Buffalo did nothing creative on D. They sat in their zone with very little pass rush. No blitzing etc. They should have at least tried rushing 5. They let Hurts run way to much also.
Yep, exactly my points. Bills played it safe. Eagles Marshed down the field quite easily.
At least putting pressure on Hurtz, lot more things could happen, It's risky, but you got a chance it, sometimes.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It's so easy to critique....how many of you have called a game? My first year I called every play in all three phases., went 5-5....the next year I brought in 5 new coaches....let them coach my system, but I stilled called about 30% of the plays and we went 12-1....calling a game isn't as easy as some of you think.
So true, but I think it's just a philosophical thing.

Time and time again, we see teams make traditionally safe bets that really haven't been safe bets for 25+ years.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yep, exactly my points. Bills played it safe. Eagles Marshed down the field quite easily.
At least putting pressure on Hurtz, lot more things could happen, It's risky, but you got a chance it, sometimes.
The Bills don't have any pass rushers or corners though. You can't go cover 0.