Found this kind of interesting.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
For as bad as we think our OLINE is, Romo has only been sacked once. He and Jimmy Clausen are the only two QB's in the NFL to have been sacked one time. Pretty impressive considering we've went against Julius Peppers, Mario Williams and Orakpo.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3588858 said:
That's all on Romo not the oline.
Vick leads the league in being sacked and he's far and beyond above Romo in terms of elusiveness. I know they've had their injuries along OLINE but we have too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tupperware;3588856 said:
For as bad as we think our OLINE is, Romo has only been sacked once. He and Jimmy Clausen are the only two QB's in the NFL to have been sacked one time. Pretty impressive considering we've went against Julius Peppers, Mario Williams and Orakpo.

It is but the game plan vs Washington was a big reason why Romo did not take sacks in that game. I know people did not like it but I think keeping Romo alive was a priority for the coaching staff and thus we did not see alot of deep throws or 7 step drops given the fact we had 2 starter on the Oline out of that game.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3588861 said:
It is but the game plan vs Washington was a big reason why Romo did not take sacks in that game. I know people did not like it but I think keeping Romo alive was a priority for the coaching staff and thus we did not see alot of deep throws or 7 step drops given the fact we had 2 starter on the Oline out of that game.
Either way, if we play our game we likely win. Penalties and mistakes hurt us more than the game plan did.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;3588858 said:
That's all on Romo not the oline.
To a point that is true. However you can not overlook the fact we probably lead the league in passing attempts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tupperware;3588865 said:
Either way, if we play our game we likely win. Penalties and mistakes hurt us more than the game plan did.

I agree. 1st 2 games there were too many mistakes by many different people. Yesterday they cleaned allot of those mistakes up and when you do that is becomes much easier to find a rhythm on offense since you are not taking many negative plays

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3588872 said:
To a point that is true. However you can not overlook the fact we probably lead the league in passing attempts.
Good counter point.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
tupperware;3588856 said:

Hasn't Clausen only stared one game this season? I'm sure he will pad that total in no time considering his team!

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3588876 said:
Hasn't Clausen only stared one game this season? I'm sure he will pad that total in no time considering his team!
May be right, which makes Romo the only one :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We've used a lot of quick passing too. It would be hard for any defense to get sacks when everything is 3 steps and get rid of the ball.

But, yes, they have done a solid job with pass protecting. The run blocking looked better yesterday but it is still lacking.

aikemirv

Reaction score
tupperware;3588860 said:
Vick leads the league in being sacked and he's far and beyond above Romo in terms of elusiveness. I know they've had their injuries along OLINE but we have too.

Not as much about elusiveness but knowing where and when to get rid of the ball.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
I just looked it up. Romo has 128 pass attempts and is #1 in attempts and last place in sacks.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
CATCH17;3588881 said:
We've used a lot of quick passing too. It would be hard for any defense to get sacks when everything is 3 steps and get rid of the ball.

But, yes, they have done a solid job with pass protecting. The run blocking looked better yesterday but it is still lacking.
Well whatever works. Perhaps the plan is to run quicker plays early on and wait until the opposing defense tires out to run developing pass plays.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
tupperware;3588860 said:

He may be faster and more athletic, but Tony is one of the best at being elusive. He had an incredible sense for stepping way from tacklers, Vick can just out run everybody.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
BAZ;3588887 said:
He may be faster and more athletic, but Tony is one of the best at being elusive. He had an incredible sense for stepping way from tacklers, Vick can just out run everybody.
Yeah elusive might be the wrong word. Romo is really good at escaping the tackle. Still, I think it says something with so many pass attempts and a single sack.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I think having 3 good WR's has helped Romo and the O-line too. On those three step drops, guys are getting open. That makes life for Tony and the big guys up front a lot easier.