Four games in, still zero interceptions for the Defense.

Kilyin

Reaction score
The only other team in the NFL with zero interceptions is the Detroit Lions. Sure could have used one yesterday.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Well, if our DBs continue to see the back of the WRs jerseys, we won't have any INTs for a long time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm actually quite shocked by this stat because i really thought with this improved secondary that we'd have at least a few. Something isn't right in that situation.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2296200 said:
I'm actually quite shocked by this stat because i really thought with this improved secondary that we'd have at least a few. Something isn't right in that situation.

We've had some dropped. Now not only do we miss sacks, but we also miss INTs.

Something isn't right with this defense.

ddh33

Reaction score
That's the biggest annoyance I have right now. It's not like the QBs we have played against haven't turned the ball over with. Jason Campbell has protected the ball very well this year. The others...not so much.

KLJ

Reaction score
the scary part is that they really haven't been close to many interceptions.. jones could have had one but other than that, they haven't been close

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Its actually a disgrace, I would trade DeMarcus Ware for Asante Samuel right now. Sacks dont get you turn overs, interceptions do.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
KLJ;2296217 said:
the scary part is that they really haven't been close to many interceptions.. jones could have had one but other than that, they haven't been close

Yep, I'm just waiting for one of our DBs to make a play on the ball instead of simply waiting for the receiver to catch the ball and making a tackle (or praying that the receiver doesn't catch the ball).

I've seen Zach Thomas make more plays on the ball than our DBs...not good.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Kilyin;2296187 said:
The only other team in the NFL with zero interceptions is the Detroit Lions. Sure could have used one yesterday.

Teams are using quick drops and dink passing to prevent the sack. The Cowboys playing 10-12 yards off, prevents the INT.

The Cowboys need to disguise their defense better. Playing 12 yards off disguises nothing. Play 7-8 yards of, you can still play man and have time to react to quick passing plays or while maintaining enough cushion for zone especially with our quality/speed at CB.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Pressure causes turnovers.

So really, wasn't that what Wade was supposed to bring to this defense?

Since that hasn't happened, probably Rowdy could do what Wade is doing now. :rolleyes:

Kilyin

Reaction score
We've also only got 12 total passes defensed. That's three per game. Compare that to say, the Deadskins... who stomped our guts out, with 28 total passes defensed.

There's a serious flaw in our secondary, and if it doesn't get fixed real soon, we might not even make the playoffs.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Kilyin;2296187 said:

that is one thing that has to change, no excuse to have only two turnovers in four games and no INTs

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lcharles;2296262 said:
Pressure causes turnovers.

So really, wasn't that what Wade was supposed to bring to this defense?

Since that hasn't happened, probably Rowdy could do what Wade is doing now. :rolleyes:

Umm, the Cowboys have put pressure on opposing offenses. The Cowboys aren't always getting the QB on his back when they do. Failure to finish the play is a big problem. Secondly, it's hard to pressure a QB when they get rid of the ball in less than three seconds. That problem comes to not bumping (read press) the receivers. If you press, then there are no quick slants or WR screens, among other things.

As I said earlier, the Cowboys need to disguise their defenses better and not play 12 yards off.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And just think, last year at this time, Anthony Henry lead the league in INTs.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2296288 said:
And just think, last year at this time, Anthony Henry lead the league in INTs.

It comes down to how teams attack Wade's (yes Wade) defense.

Kilyin

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2296293 said:
so I guess Jacquee Revees wasn't the prolem.

I thought I saw Jacque Reeves yesterday, he was wearing #41.