Fourth Round...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Just finished updating my value board, got some thoughts on tomorrow...

Antonio Pittman and Aundrae Allison are at the top of the board, both are players the Cowboys have shown some interest in, but I have a hunch neither will be the target... Ben Patrick and Joe Newton are nice TEs, and the Boys are a little thin at TE, but I don't see them going in that direction this early...

I would have preferred Doug Free to James Marten, but it wouldn't make much sense to draft another OT here... similarly, Brian Robison would be a great value here, but not after the Boys have already drafted Anthony Spencer...

So, we've considered and dismissed five of the top six left on my value board, perhaps we should think about who the Cowboys might want to draft... LOL...

Manuel Ramirez is still on the board, would upgrade the depth at OG... two offensive linemen in a row might be a bit of overkill, but I could live with it... Paul Soliai would provide quality depth for Jason Ferguson at NT... Michael Bush would be an interesting gamble at RB; in the 4th round, maybe you can take a chance that he might not be ready to contribute because of his injury this year...

I've been touting Zak DeOssie in mock after mock for weeks now, I'd surely be in favor of the Boys adding him in the 4th... John Wendling is a fine, athletic safety that the Boys have shown some interest in... and finally, if Mason Crosby was still on the board at pick 122, I think I might be able to justify drafting him there...

DeOssie at 103, Wendling at 122... yeah, that's the ticket...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
silverbear;1476574 said:
Just finished updating my value board, got some thoughts on tomorrow...

Antonio Pittman and Aundrae Allison are at the top of the board, both are players the Cowboys have shown some interest in, but I have a hunch neither will be the target... Ben Patrick and Joe Newton are nice TEs, and the Boys are a little thin at TE, but I don't see them going in that direction this early...

I would have preferred Doug Free to James Marten, but it wouldn't make much sense to draft another OT here... similarly, Brian Robison would be a great value here, but not after the Boys have already drafted Anthony Spencer...

So, we've considered and dismissed five of the top six left on my value board, perhaps we should think about who the Cowboys might want to draft... LOL...

Manuel Ramirez is still on the board, would upgrade the depth at OG... two offensive linemen in a row might be a bit of overkill, but I could live with it... Paul Soliai would provide quality depth for Jason Ferguson at NT... Michael Bush would be an interesting gamble at RB; in the 4th round, maybe you can take a chance that he might not be ready to contribute because of his injury this year...

I've been touting Zak DeOssie in mock after mock for weeks now, I'd surely be in favor of the Boys adding him in the 4th... John Wendling is a fine, athletic safety that the Boys have shown some interest in... and finally, if Mason Crosby was still on the board at pick 122, I think I might be able to justify drafting him there...

DeOssie at 103, Wendling at 122... yeah, that's the ticket...

Good stuff. I wouldn't of minded grabbing a OLinemanin with our first pick as long as it was a Joe Thomas(sp?) caliber. I think the overkill part only applies when drafting in the later rounds, consecutively, IMO. I do like the NT part. I don't see another glaring need other than this. I'd sure hate to draft a safety. I'd rather another Olineman, if you could believe that. Bring on DeOssie!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am hoping for Josh Beekman, OG, Boston College at 103 and Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina or Courtney Brown, CB, Cal Poly at 122.

My "pet cat" picks of day 2...Jordan Palmer, QB, UTEP and Walter Thomas, DT, Northwest Mississippi CC

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;1476912 said:
I am hoping for Josh Beekman, OG, Boston College at 103 and Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina or Courtney Brown, CB, Cal Poly at 122.

My "pet cat" picks of day 2...Jordan Palmer, QB, UTEP and Walter Thomas, DT, Northwest Mississippi CC

I'm with ya on Brown, Palmer and Thomas, lukewarm on Beekman and Allison...

Reaction score
Allison will get the nod because Dallas doesn't need a RB really... Did Allison return punts or kick offs?

Reaction score
Hostile;1476912 said:

I think the kid Walter Thomas would be a solid pick, I've heard he's got some pretty good upside...

BLT

Reaction score
i dont think we draft WR at all... Owens Glenn Crayton Hurd Austin.. we werent looking for a WR early in the draft for depth we were looking only so we can have a future stud at WR that we could groom the next 2 years.. we dont need a 4th round WR

also i really hope we get Zak DeOssie and Paul Soliai this round... sure we might not need a LB but then again we did lose Fowler AND singleton.. so why not add DeOssie to replace Fowler..and i think we all agree Soliai is a good value pick now And a big need for us.... just wish we could some how get a decent CB too

O and im a huge fan of drafting Jordan Palmer in the 6th

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Unless they've got a plan for backup NT, I'd take Soliai at 103.