Fox cancels Arrested Development

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I tried to watch it but just couldn't get in to it.

I'll tell ya one thing. Ya have to watch it from episode one on up because a lot the jokes are about recurring events and characters. It's not like a sitcom where you can watch it cold and still catch on.

zagnut

Reaction score
Maybe another (smarter) network will pick it up. Fox did a terrible job with the show almost from day 1. They're having quite a run - Family Guy, Firefly, now Arrested Development.

If you can't catch most of the shows, the humor doesn't make sense. Watched consistently in the first season and it was laugh out loud funny. Then I lost track and when I would stumble upon it I had no idea what i was watching. I had no idea it had even returned last week.

Hoov

Reaction score
True Blue, i watched that show from the beginning, it was one of the few that i watch.

Very funny, the "never nude" thing was hillarious. Dude's in for doctor exam wearing cut of jeans, doctor says get naked...he goes I am naked. Then later he's showering with shorts on. Funny stuff

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I tell ya, I'd like to take a steel-toed boot to some Fox executives. Possibly the greatest sit-com in a good long while... certainly since Seinfeld.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I liked this show a lot...If fox was smart they would put in the sunday primetime instead of the war at home.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
zagnut said:
Maybe another (smarter) network will pick it up. Fox did a terrible job with the show almost from day 1. They're having quite a run - Family Guy, Firefly, now Arrested Development.

If you can't catch most of the shows, the humor doesn't make sense. Watched consistently in the first season and it was laugh out loud funny. Then I lost track and when I would stumble upon it I had no idea what i was watching. I had no idea it had even returned last week.

FireFly's ratongs where not that bad for it's time frame on Friday nights. They did a bad job marketing it and Fox is this cycle of if it is not a instant hit lets cancel and make more crapy reality TV series :bang2:

Duane

Reaction score
The show will be missed. It was one of the few I made time to watch.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
zagnut said:
Maybe another (smarter) network will pick it up. Fox did a terrible job with the show almost from day 1. They're having quite a run - Family Guy, Firefly, now Arrested Development.=QUOTE]

Family Guy was cancelled!?

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Thanks for the downer news True. One of the few shows I make a point of watching. Damn.

I think the problem with these kind of sitcoms is most of the humor can be borderline subliminal, if you aren't paying attention, it could go right over your head. The humor could be quick, and unexpected, and sometimes require some thought. Certainly not a pie in your face, slapstick type of comedy.

A favorite moment was Buster searching for his artificial hand, with his mother in the background telling him she threw it in the dishwasher after she had 'borrowed' it. Quick cut to Buster taking it out of the dishwasher and sniffing it.

Hopefully, with the awards it garnered in it's short run, another network will bring it on board.

MrMom

Reaction score
This sucks! I love this show. Buster is hilarious. So is David Cross' character, Tobias.

I'll miss it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Good show. They moved it around so much that I couldn't keep watching it. Ithought it and The Office were two of the funnier shows on TV.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Fox should be ashamed of themselves. They never even tried to market their ONLY EMMY WINNING COMEDY. EVER! And yet, "According to Jim" is going into it's 6th or 7th season. There is no God.