Video: FOX: Cowboys face unknowns in offseason; Will Dallas tag Dak Prescott?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys face unknowns in offseason; Will Dallas tag Dak Prescott? Acho | NFL | SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Pretty simple - he either takes a long-term contract near the price he was last year or we give him another year to see how his ankle is holding up.

They're not just going to let him walk and take a comp pick.

JBS

Reaction score
Pretty simple - he either takes a long-term contract near the price he was last year or we give him another year to see how his ankle is holding up.

They're not just going to let him walk and take a comp pick.

Well, if he doesn't sign a long term deal this offseason then he is walking for a comp pick next offseason..so you might as well trade him

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't think he's going to sign an extension since neither side seems willing to budge. Jerry may cave, Dak won't because he has no reason to do it.

I expect he'll get tagged. Whether that leads to a trade, who knows? I can't see the Cowboys letting him walk in 2021. They may have little choice in 2022.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
Ya Bet Your Azz They’ll Tag Dak.....Listen Closely...Do Ya Hear JJ Shuffling Contract Papers On His Desk....Nope....That’s Because JJ’s Desk Is Clear As The West Texas Horizon....That’s Right...Not A Single Thing On That Desk Except His Boots & A Fifth A Scotch.....Do Ya Hear Any Solid Contract Whispers Leaking From Cowboy Central....Nope Again....That’s Because THERE AIN’T ANY !!!...OR WE’D HEAR EM... BECAUSE JERRY WOULD WANT US TO HEAR EM.
BECAUSE THATS HOW JERRY OPERATES
I Can’t See Into The Future Or Read Peoples Minds...But I’m From East Texas And One Thing We’re Born With There Is The Ability To Spot Bull Shi+ From A Mile Away.... And Brothers We Better All Get Our Rubber Boots On Fast Because That’s What This Prescott/ JJ Mess Is And It’s Getting Deep Fast

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he's going to sign an extension since neither side seems willing to budge. Jerry may cave, Dak won't because he has no reason to do it.

I expect he'll get tagged. Whether that leads to a trade, who knows? I can't see the Cowboys letting him walk in 2021. They may have little choice in 2022.
They won't have any choice in 2022. They either come to an agreement this offseason or there won't be a long term deal with him. Both sides know this.

Part of this stems from Booger caving with star players in the past. France stonewalled them and his guy got 31.4M and he can do the same and he gets 37.7M this year. Then he gets to negotiate with any team, after averaging 34.5M for 2 years. If they tag him, he drags down 21% of the 2021 cap. That doesn't leave a lot with quite a few players up.

If that's me, I don't tag him. I re-sign Dalton and focus on young defensive players in FA and the draft and might even consider taking a QB with that 1st. I might even consider trading Lamb and my 10th to NYJ and taking Wilson. I don't think JAX will trade with a new HC that needs to win over the fans. I use Dalton as a short bridge to work Wilson into the QB1 role to see if I need to do the same thing in 2022. I would be relentless, can't win it without that top 5 trigger man. I'd keep picking until I found him.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Clickbait! Of course Dallas will franchise Dak.

Whether it is exclusive or non-exclusive, well......

I think it is obvious that Dak is only concerned about maxing his money. Good for him but bad for the team. Personally, I think he is gone after this season but who knows.