Fox Glazer: Bollinger may play in some packages

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mentioned that Brad will start, but Bollinger might get some snaps.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Ravens style play... Snap it to Johnson, he hands off to Bollinger, Johnson clears out and runs a route, and Bollinger hits him on the seam route.

:laugh2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Supposedly our receivers want Bollinger to play today.

Kilyin

Reaction score
CATCH17;2389577 said:

Can't say I blame 'em, Johnson has played god awful. Anyone can look okay in preseason (which grandpa did), but when it counts he's stunk up the joint.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Kilyin;2389573 said:
Ravens style play... Snap it to Johnson, he hands off to Bollinger, Johnson clears out and runs a route, and Bollinger hits him on the seam route.

:laugh2:
Would need a good 15 secs of blocking to get him downfield.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Kilyin;2389583 said:
Can't say I blame 'em, Johnson has played god awful. Anyone can look okay in preseason (which grandpa did), but when it counts he's stunk up the joint.

Well at least he knows hes ready to go at the drop of the hat.

WOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GO!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
On Wade's show today, Brad Sham asked if Bollinger could play some -- not by Brad being yanked, but in some certain plays -- and Wade said, "You never say never."

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He will play and we will win, by 2 points...:starspin

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Bollinger can run. But if we are going with some "Wildcat" type action, I might do it with Crayton because he probably has better running moves, and no one will respect his arm at this point.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2389656 said:
Bollinger can run. But if we are going with some "Wildcat" type action, I might do it with Crayton because he probably has better running moves, and no one will respect his arm at this point.

I know you didn't say we would, but have we become so desperate we need to resort to that. A few trick plays a game is a good thing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2389577 said:
Everyone but the Giants, Garrett, and Wade want Bollinger to start. Hell, I'd wager Brad wants him to start.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2389577 said:
Is this speculation or is there a source? I've been trying to find any comments by the receivers all week where they say or at least drop hints that they would like to see Bollinger playing today.

-Reality

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Reality;2389750 said:
Is this speculation or is there a source? I've been trying to find any comments by the receivers all week where they say or at least drop hints that they would like to see Bollinger playing today.

-Reality

I would imagine it goes without saying Jerry.;)

Ren

Reaction score
CATCH17;2389577 said:

can't really blame them, he's going to get them killed with those checkdowns. saw it some last week where the D was just waiting for the checkdown and blasting the receiver once he throws it

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Ren;2389807 said:
can't really blame them, he's going to get them killed with those checkdowns. saw it some last week where the D was just waiting for the checkdown and blasting the receiver once he throws it

Which is why double moves should be open early in the game. Brad needs to hit one or two big strikes. He could easily get one or two TDs early IMO.

Ren

Reaction score
jobberone;2389832 said:
Which is why double moves should be open early in the game. Brad needs to hit one or two big strikes. He could easily get one or two TDs early IMO.

Good luck getting that out of Brad's noodle :bang2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
IMO, we screwed the pooch with Bollinger. We had a great opportunity against the Rams to get him some real game snaps.....and we balked on it.

The game was over by the start of the 4th quarter. Let Bollinger show what he has.

I say keep Johnson in there today, unless the game is out of hand. The Giants are the wrong team to bring a newb in at QB.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If I were the WRs I would rather have Stanback starting, or at least on some trick plays. According to reports out of TC, Stanback had a better arm than any of the backups.

Heck, give Crayton some reps, over Bollinger, if it requires running or a trick play of some sort.