Fox Sports/ Ian O'Connor--Romo, Jessica, Pats, S.Bowl

sbark

Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7583294?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10734

some of the pertinent excerpts.......

...........New England should end up in the Arizona desert with an 18-0 record, a chance to secure its legacy as the greatest NFL team of all time, and an opportunity to punctuate its historic achievement with a blowout Super Bowl XLII victory over the representative from the inferior NFC. Tony Romo is the one and only man who can stop all that from happening. Despite the Patriots' 48-27 triumph over the Cowboys in October, Romo remains the star Brady and Belichick fear most..............

...........Chances are, Favre would turn to dust against the Patriots the way he did against the Cowboys. He's earned every glowing tribute written about his durability and go-for-broke style, but New England's defense would likely make him appear just as old as his birth certificate says he is (38).

Romo is an entirely different proposition. He is 27, at the height of his physical powers. He has the It factor in overdrive, and his ability to see the field and create something out of nothing with his legs makes him a potentially lethal threat to a dynasty's best laid plans. Romo is an improvisational genius. If you didn't know it after eight games this season, you knew it after the ninth..........

........And it's highly unlikely there will be a Cowboys-Eagles playoff game in Dallas for Simpson to haunt next month. But in the meantime, Romo is living a little dangerously as the American Idol on America's Team.......

.........He just needs to realize he's not the lead singer in a boy band, or the lead character in HBO's Entourage. Romo is the quarterback of the one NFC team that might be capable of beating the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII.......

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I liked that part of the article.

Tony is the one QB the Patsies should fear! I just hope we are there to represent the NFC, and get a second shot at the New England Cheats!

sago1

Reaction score
I agree. But the Cowboys and Romo need to get it in gear and get big time wins against the Panthers tonight and the Commanders next Sunday. Winning should be the only thing on their minds.

Here's also hoping that Terry Glenn can make a significant contribution in the SB and hopefully in the playoffs themselves.

Must admit I'm surprised by the writer of this article. To actually come and state Romo's the only player standing in the Pats way is a tribute to the Cowboys and obviously to Romo. I still believe Romo has room to grow and will get better and better over the next 2 years.

CPonder14

Reaction score
sago1;1849003 said:
I agree. But the Cowboys and Romo need to get it in gear and get big time wins against the Panthers tonight and the Commanders next Sunday. Winning should be the only thing on their minds.

Here's also hoping that Terry Glenn can make a significant contribution in the SB and hopefully in the playoffs themselves.

Must admit I'm surprised by the writer of this article. To actually come and state Romo's the only player standing in the Pats way is a tribute to the Cowboys and obviously to Romo. I still believe Romo has room to grow and will get better and better over the next 2 years.

I stated a couple weeks ago that i feel like in 2 years(Romo 29 years old) will have reached elite status, as in clear cut top 3 QB. Right now i have him as a top 5 QB, a notch below Brady and Manning.

ethiostar

Reaction score
burmafrd;1849027 said:
Manning and the Colts might make him eat those words.

I wouldn't count the Jags out of the discussion. I think they match up with the pats very well, especially if the weather conditions (snow and rain) come into play.

tnbk

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see that scenario I do not see the Cheaters making it to the Super Bowl. Indy or the jags will get them first.

Instead of the greatest team in history will they then be known as the biggest Chokers in history?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tnbk;1849053 said:
Instead of the greatest team in history will they then be known as the biggest Chokers in history?
Reminds me of the Viqueens a few years ago when they went 15-1 then lose at home to dirty birds of Atlanta. Huge choke job.

CPonder14

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1849056 said:
Reminds me of the Viqueens a few years ago when they went 15-1 then lose at home to dirty birds of Atlanta. Huge choke job.

I still remember Gary Anderson missing the field goal that would have put the Vikings up for good. His first miss all season..........

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sago1;1849003 said:

Re: Pats

I agree too. It could very well be that "next years champions are here a year early"

Boysboy

Reaction score
CPonder14;1849058 said:
I still remember Gary Anderson missing the field goal that would have put the Vikings up for good. His first miss all season..........

That and Moss dropped a sure TD at the end of the first half, that would have made it 24-7, INSTEAD of 20-7. It just changed the personality of the entire game.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ethiostar;1849035 said:
I wouldn't count the Jags out of the discussion. I think they match up with the pats very well, especially if the weather conditions (snow and rain) come into play.

That's my pick to beat them. They can run it right at the Cheats and overpower them. Garrard doesn't turn the ball over, and he has a little bit of that Romo moxie. It's just too bad they lost Stroud for the year.

But the real x-factor for them is... Aaron Glenn. ;)

ethiostar

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1849153 said:
That's my pick to beat them. They can run it right at the Cheats and overpower them. Garrard doesn't turn the ball over, and he has a little bit of that Romo moxie. It's just too bad they lost Stroud for the year.

But the real x-factor for them is... Aaron Glenn. ;)

By that you mean he will have a giant X on his chest and back, as in a moving target?:eek: :)

sbark

Reaction score
Romo seems to cycle up and down

After Seattle playoff game and up to Buffalo game Romo was on a virtual tear up the league. things going great...maybe too great

eating alot of "cheese".........Crashed hard with 5 piks, but pulled out the game. Was a 6 game cycle including Seattle Playoff game

re-focused, cycled up to a great playing level up to Det. and 2nd Philly game.
Had a great 7 game cycle up to the Det. Game.

but it also co-incides with Garrett pulling TO in motion from the playbook and gameplan.

So here is too Romo going on another Long UP cycle thru the Super Bowl Win

This thing w/ Jessica seems to have put a chip on Tony's shoulder, never seen him like this with the media, curious how he is with coaches, mates'

Always seen Tony playing with a smile, whats he gonna be like actually playing pissed off??

tyke1doe

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1849056 said:

That's because they had Randall Cunningham at quarterback. And the knock on Randall was if you kept him in the pocket and made him beat you with his arm, he couldn't.

Don't even confuse Brady for Cunningham.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
tnbk;1849053 said:

Chokers? The Patriots are anything but... That distinction might go to Philly though.

sbark

Reaction score
vta;1849275 said:
Chokers? The Patriots are anything but... That distinction might go to Philly though.

Agreed....not chokers, but coaches round the league are working overtime to figure out and apply what slows them down

Ya' figure coaches email between themselves and discuss what worked and didnt work..........Ya think?:eek: