Video: FoxSports: Mike Pereira and Dean Blandino discuss Michael Gallup end of game catch

conner01

Reaction score
Anything close we should support as a cowboys call. It's what fans do.

Unless you need to be in the running for the most objective fan ever.
I’m always objective
But I was talking about replay
If it’s very close they generally stick with the call on the field
To me this was obvious his bottom hit before he was out of bounds
But had it been called no catch it may very well have been upheld

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The refs got the call right for once. He had one foot in and then his butt touched the ground inbounds before the elbow. The far away judge had a better view and saw the feet inbounds. That made them overturn the previous call.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They made the right call. however if they would have called it incomplete as the 1st official indicated. Would they have overturned it to a completion?
It was very close. I think they would have overturned, but I don't think it's a certainty.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The refs got the call right for once. He had one foot in and then his butt touched the ground inbounds before the elbow. The far away judge had a better view and saw the feet inbounds. That made them overturn the previous call.
The officiating crew worked exactly as it should have on that play. Gotta give them credit on that one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Was someone questioning whether the feet were in? That was beyond question, IMO.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I just think it's hilarious that the Cowboys had a game and possibly the season saved by Michael Gallup's big ole butt! If he was built like CD the elbow comes down a full count before the rest of him! LOL!

Creeper

Reaction score
After watching the replay I thought it was clear his but came down first. I did not see his left elbow.

But what I did see in on the ensuing TD, Steele got away with what looked like it have been holding. It looked like he hooked the LB a little. Imagine if that gets call and they assess the Cowboys a 10 yard penalty. 3rd and goal from the 11 changes everything. To wins games like this you need a lot of things to go your way.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
His left ELBOW (not just hand) is what seemed to hit the ground before his butt it right elbow. They kept showing/focusing/talking about one angle of the play, but then one angle of video was shown (once) and you could tell that his left elbow struck the ground before the butt and right elbow.

It’s infuriating sometimes when they call the officials into question, but refuse to look at all of the different angles of footage.

droopdog7

Reaction score
So what’s the actual debate anyway. We know the rule so it’s simply a matter of whether his arse or his elbow his first. Never saw super slomo replay but by a micro second it looked like his arse hit first. But calling it a catch was key because it was so close that it may not have been overturned.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I wann hear them compare the janoris Jenkins play on Ruggs from Monday night, and the jalen Ramsey play against Gallup.