FoxSports: Week 9 NFL Rundown

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Mike Tanier
FoxSports

Week 9 NFL Rundown:

Cowboys at Eagles: If there is one thing that Philadelphia sports fans hate more than Eagles failure, it's Cowboys success. The subcutaneous loathing that most Eagles fans harbor toward the Cowboys was born of the glitzy success "America's Team" enjoyed in the early 1970s, a time when the Eagles were lucky to win five games per year.

Decades have passed, but Philadelphians have never stopped thinking of themselves as underdogs, and their resentment of the more glamorous, more successful Cowboys festered, even when the Cowboys weren't glamorous or successful.

This season has had a Tabasco-sauce-in-an-open-wound quality for Eagles fans. Their beloved team is stumbling along at 3-4, mixing unconvincing wins over bad opponents with frustrating losses to not-so-great ones. Meanwhile, the Cowboys are the toast of the conference, with their quarterback on magazine covers and Jerry Jones hamming his way through almost as many commercials as Peyton Manning. Terrell Owens hasn't even turned into Loki yet, so hopes of a T.O.-facilitated Cowboys implosion are starting to wane. Eagles fans usually talk tough in the week before the Cowboys' arrival. This week, they are doing more muttering and finger-crossing.

Last season, the Eagles swept the Cowboys. The first meeting took place in Philly one week after T.O.'s accidental overdose/possible suicide misadventure. The Green Legion still had bitter memories of Owens' 2005 betrayal, and they turned Lincoln Financial Field and its surroundings into a circus. The Eagles then won a carnival of a game in which both teams seemed swept up in the emotion of the crowd. Eagles fans will stomp and shout this year, but it won't be the same. T.O. is more forgotten than forgiven, but there's a sense of inevitability surrounding the matchup. The Cowboys look much better than they did last year. The Eagles look worse. Even if the lingering hamstring injury turns Tony Romo into Tony Slo-Mo, the Cowboys have plenty of offensive firepower. There's no way the red zone-challenged Eagles can keep up while scoring three points at a time. The Cowboys will win and cover.

Come Monday morning, an eerie hum will descend over the Delaware Valley, the sound of thousands of Philadelphians simultaneously grinding their teeth.

Thas right...we bad. Uh-huh!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
haha Tony slo-mo, sorry thought it was funny.

i think we win by 2 touchdowns

32-21

burmafrd

Reaction score
the one thing that worries me is the whole mess about reids kids: the team might really get together to win one for him.

TonyRomo#9

hey the bears tried to win for brian piccolo too.. didn't work. good book though. reid's kids have been in trouble allready. this isn't the first time.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I think 24-13 sounds about right.

Oh, and I think Reid's players would be more annoyed about this stuff surrounding their team again than they would be pumped over it.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Every time TO is running by the Eagle bench for another TD, he should throw a pill bottle at Reid

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
LowTech;1740202 said:
Every time TO is running by the Eagle bench for another TD, he should throw a pill bottle at Reid

Lil overboard there. You don't mess with another guys family problems.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
And last year the fans felt like throwing pill bottles at TO and thats ok? Anyone who openly doesnt care for people like that and cheers Irvin's injury deserve that. Although Reid wasnt one of the fans that did that, TO wouldnt do it anyways.

Id rather see TO do the waving arms things to the fans just to piss them off.

DC_Addict

Reaction score
the kid 05;1739819 said:
haha Tony slo-mo, sorry thought it was funny.

i think we win by 2 touchdowns

32-21

Tony said he's perfectly fine, no ham problems at all. I agree that we win by 2 touchdowns, maybe a FG too.