Frank Gore declares.....

Ken

Reaction score
What do you think of him in the 4th round as a power backup for Jones?

Maybe the 4th is too low for him but he does have the knee concerns.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
So did McGahee. Some thought Gore was a better back regardless. Not me, but there are a few who did. Had McGahee been there in the 2nd I was hoping Dallas would take the flyer on him. He wasn't.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I take Lacewells job predicated on Zimmer being fired. Us going 3-4 in draft on D. And we take a QB prospect in this draft. That gets done Gore would easily be my 4th round selection if on the board.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Ken said:
What do you think of him in the 4th round as a power backup for Jones?

Maybe the 4th is too low for him but he does have the knee concerns.
I would prefer him to Clarett whom I still think is going to end up here much to my chagrin.

Gaede

Reaction score
Both Gore and Clarett should be available on Day 2, both good gambles.

Natural runners with huge red flags, but on day 2, anything goes.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Gaede said:
Both Gore and Clarett should be available on Day 2, both good gambles.

Natural runners with huge red flags, but on day 2, anything goes.

I dont think Gore is as much of red flag as Clarett is. Gore's only concern is injuries. Clarett not only has injury concerns ( since he wasnt all that dependable even his freshman year injury wise) and big character concerns.

I doubt Gore falls lower than 3rd round. ALthough you never know how it will go at this point yet.

Duane

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
I dont think Gore is as much of red flag as Clarett is. Gore's only concern is injuries. Clarett not only has injury concerns ( since he wasnt all that dependable even his freshman year injury wise) and big character concerns.

I doubt Gore falls lower than 3rd round. ALthough you never know how it will go at this point yet.
IIRC Dominic Davis fell to the 4th because of a similar history of injuries and he's probably the best back out of that class.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I would prefer him to Clarett whom I still think is going to end up here much to my chagrin.

:stop2:

VThokie7

Reaction score
Seeing how Parcells responds to head case players (cutting Ross, trading Bryant) I can't imagine him taking a risk on Clarett when there is so many ohter backs in this draft. Mel Kiper said he sees Clarrett as a late round/undrafted player so if he ends up here maybe its the 7th. I don't want him anywhere near this team though.