Freaks of the Draft

Natedawg44

Reaction score
After reading about and watching alot of the combine. I began to think as all of us do. If Dallas drafted X player would there be anyone similar that they could have had later on.
Micheal Huff- incredible player had an amazing combine but there are other players that have very similar measurables that will probably be available later on. Jason Allen, Donte Whitner, Pat Watkins or Ko Simpson and Daniel Bullocks

Chad Jackson- I don't see another WR even close to this guy right now. As far as WRs go I don't see anyone else offering the same type of package he does later on

Manny Lawson- I only think Thomas Howard has some of the same athleticism that Lawson does, however the pass rushing ability sets him apart. Wimbley had a good workout as well, but Lawson is the Merriman/Ware OLB this year.

OT- with the depth of this group after Ferguson and with Justice being a little above the rest I could see Winston, Scott, McNeil, Whitworth all being almost interchangeable in their rankings.

Vernon Davis- no need to even talk about him he's a lock top ten guy now

It just seems to me that either Chad Jackson or Manny Lawson offers us the type of player that we are not going to find anywhere else in the draft. I would love it if we took either one of these guys

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
A.J.Hawk - fast quick instinctive, just a complete stud
Vernon Davis - Fastest TE i've seen.
Manny Lawson - 4.43 40 says it all.
Stanley McClover - 6'4 260 (4.56 40) Bigger than Ware and same speed.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Vernon Davis seems kinda similar to Matt Jones last year, except for the fact that he has experience playing TE, but for being that size and running that speed, is pretty amazing.

We all know the NC State DE's are freaks.

Some might say a QB doing 23 reps is freakish. (Cutler)

and Bunkley

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
A Merriman Cloan in Stanley McClover - 6'4 260 (4.56 40)

BigWillie

Reaction score
Terna Nande

The Nigerian Nightmare is right up there with anyone in this draft as far as being a 'freak' is concerned. If he can find a position (LB/S) then maybe he can findn a place for himself in the league. He certainly has all the other measurables, but size.