Free Agency +1 assessment

Manster68

Reaction score
Greetings,

It is always fun to see several posters on the boards fly off the buildings. The jumpers commenced within an hour that free agency started.

Granted, I was a bit surprised with the signing of Kosier. To be honest, I hardly heard of him. However, for Dallas to grab him within the first 12 hours of free agency, that tells me Jeff Ireland is doing his job. Parcells, Ireland, and Sparano obviously saw something in this guy that intrigued them greatly.

Also, Gurode was resigned. I think you can forget about any hopes of signing Mawae.

What I like about both of these linemen is the fact that sometimes it takes them about 5 years before they really develop. Dallas has had several linemen that fit this mold over the years. Newton, Teunei and Gogan were prime examples. How many of you regret getting rid of Ron Stone in 1995? Stone did play in a Pro Bowl as a Giant.

And yes, this does mean that I do NOT want to get rid of Peterman of Al Johnson for the same reason.

I knew Dallas was not going to get Bentley. He hinted Cleveland for several weeks now. I am glad he didn’t go to Philly.

The one area that gets me a little antsy is acquiring a kicker. I was really hoping for Longwell, but that didn’t happen. I think that if Dallas doesn’t get Vinatieri, they will be rummaging through the scrapheap for another kicker this season. Yes, I know Vanderjaqt is still out there. However, for Parcells’ style of football to really be effective, Dallas needs a highly reliable kicker.

Commander moves? How often do I respond to a Commander thread on these boards? Slim and none. We Cowboy fans should worry about Dallas’ back yard instead of little Napoleon’s.

Apparently, Dallas let Ayodele leave without signing a contract. He is one player I would love to see in Dallas.

Who would I like to see Dallas grab in this free agency period?

Vinatieri, Ayodele, Fabini (if his physical went well), and Hope

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
fair enough

if we make out with Vinatieri, McGinnest/Ayodele, Hope/Schulters, I'd be very happy...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Saigon Kick, its early today but lets be real here. Lets hope we have a better day 2 of free agency. Kriewalt is resigned and I'm concerned we didn't have a plan C after Ayodel signs elsewhere.

Steelers | Kriewaldt re-signed
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:25:20 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have decided to re-sign LB Clint Kriewaldt, according to his agent Ron Slavin.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
Commander moves? How often do I respond to a Commander thread on these boards? Slim and none. We Cowboy fans should worry about Dallas’ back yard instead of little Napoleon’s.

One of the wisest things said on this board in years and a good piece of advice.