Free Agency -Whats next?

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
Here is my current wish list-

Kicker- Prefarably Vinatieri

Linebacker- Julian Peterson could be great again- 1 year incentive laden contract

free safety- anyone would be an upgrade- most likely via the draft

If we address those 3 needs than we can go into the draft with 0 glaring needs and can take the BPA-

Draft- I would love to get a top olineman in the first round or another Ware type olb in the first
I also wouldnt mind moving up this year to get top tackle or Jay Cutler-qb

second- young wr/free safety with speed please

neosapien23

Reaction score
I wonder if Peterson could put on 10lbs of muscle on. Is he really only 235lbs?

Eddie

Reaction score
FS's with speed are often found in large quantities on the 2nd day. Why would you want to use a 2nd round pick on one when you can get the same quality with a 4th rounder???

VACowboy

Reaction score
Moves I'd like to see:

Sign Vinatieri and wait for the draft.

Trade down from #18 to the bottom of the first for another third.

Draft a LB, FS, OL and Charlie Whitehurst on the first day.

burntricersx

Reaction score
What's the status on Justin Beriault (spelling?)? Couldn't he be out FS? He was flying all over the place hustling and making plays before he got hurt.

yesfan

Reaction score
I would send the Saints our pick,(18th)and a player Payton would
want for their 1st, then sign A J Hawk.

VACowboy

Reaction score
If we ended up with the Saints pick and drafted Hawk instead of a QB or Ferguson, I'd be sorely pissed.

tm1119

Reaction score
Eddie said:
FS's with speed are often found in large quantities on the 2nd day. Why would you want to use a 2nd round pick on one when you can get the same quality with a 4th rounder???

In case you havent noticed we still dont have a starting FS. Keith Davis just aint going to cut it this year if we want to be successful. So yes a 1st round FS is completely reasonable. And please point out one of the many second day FS's that are on the same level as Ko Simpson or Donte Whitner.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burntricersx said:
What's the status on Justin Beriault (spelling?)? Couldn't he be out FS? He was flying all over the place hustling and making plays before he got hurt.
He is a SS and quite frankly will be lucky to make the roster next year. He didn't get hurt. His condition existed for a long time and hopefully he will be improved enough to play. It is a long shot but I am rooting for him.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
tm1119 said:
In case you havent noticed we still dont have a starting FS. Keith Davis just aint going to cut it this year if we want to be successful. So yes a 1st round FS is completely reasonable. And please point out one of the many second day FS's that are on the same level as Ko Simpson or Donte Whitner.

considering the fact that we have been in need of a free safety for 3 years now and that glaring weakness has made us succeptible to the long pass.

Needs continue to be

kicker
free safety
lb
young olineman
speedy young wr