Free Agent WR next year??

shmee

Reaction score
What WR are going to be FA next year. I know we are gonna have to get young real quick with quality WR not undrafted players. Who's available next year?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
shmee;1485575 said:
What WR are going to be FA next year. I know we are gonna have to get young real quick with quality WR not undrafted players. Who's available next year?

We need to think about drafting vs FA.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Weren't we talking about Roy Williams being a FA next offseason? Don't know if it was as a RFA or UFA, but he's not on that list...

shmee

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1485754 said:
I understand but we are gonna, more than likely gonna lose 2 starters next year. Terry And TO. 34 year old WRs isnt gonna happen. Plus Patrick crayton. We aint gonna give him a big contract to stay. thats our top 3 WR. Who knows about Hurd and Austin. So a FA WR is likely. We are not gonna draft 3 starters at WR. See my point. One good veteran WR thats all im asking.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
shmee;1485792 said:
I understand but we are gonna, more than likely gonna lose 2 starters next year. Terry And TO. 34 year old WRs isnt gonna happen. Plus Patrick crayton. We aint gonna give him a big contract to stay. thats our top 3 WR. Who knows about Hurd and Austin. So a FA WR is likely. We are not gonna draft 3 starters at WR. See my point. One good veteran WR thats all im asking.

You can't right off Glenn for 09. Even TO is a possibility altho has to be very long odds. I agree you can't depend on either being with the team in 09 or even next year. Hard to say about Glenn. TO is another realm of possibilities.

Crayton is not going to get enough catches with TO and Glenn ahead of him unless one is injured or he catches on fire. He should be available if he and we want it.

We have time with those here, FAs and the draft. But they are cutting it close.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1485770 said:
I think it's a good question considering that WR is one of the hardest positions for rookies to excel at.

I looked and found a list at KFFL here... The list looks very lean. :(

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2008

I'd like us to take a look at Bernard Berrian and Doug Gabriel, but those are the only FA WRs I really like, Ernest WIlford maybe

looking at what Berrian did last year, I'd seriously consider him

GlitzCowboy

Reaction score
None. TO will still be here and starting in the #1 slot. We draft somebody else to go along with Crayton for 2 & 3- hopefully a future #1. No need to get fancy as long as we still have one of the best. However this being the convieniant year for Glenn's knee to finally fully give out now that his daddy is gone, we do have to consider his upcoming vacancy- and possibly sooner rather than later, here's hoping Crayton will be ready to step it up.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
hopefully T.O will have a record breaking season as Cowboy fans we really need him too.
Go Boys

ayjackson

Reaction score
Donte Stallworth will probably be available.

The Patriots essentially can cut him February 24, 2008 or pick up a 2 year, $16m option. He'd have to have an amazing year for a team to pick up that option (especially the Patriots). And, with the way Brady likes to spread the ball around. And with Moss, Welker, Jackson, Washington, Gaffney, Caldwell, Watson, Thomas, Faulk.

And, well as I said, Stallworth will probably be available.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1485754 said:

No kidding. Any player that is good will cost lots of cash on the FA market. Drafting is a clubs lifeblood. If you can't draft what you need, you are dead meat. See the Commanders.

mmillman

Reaction score
the problem is that WR's don't contribute typically until year two - three. That means we have at best two wr's in 08 that are 34 and 35 during the season and are losing speed, stamina and become much more injury prone. That doesn't even consider that Glenn or Owens could retire or Owens could have a mental breakdown.