Free Agents after the Supplemental Draft

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Here's whats left after the Supp Draft. These guys are now FA's. Any interest in these guys?? I don't know much about any of them, but maybe you Texas guys can give some input on Marco Martin? I see he's listed at 6'3" and 355, so he fits the NT possition size wise. Maybe he'd be worth signing as a future PS guy?

North Carolina State running back/wide receiver Richard Washington; Texas defensive tackle Marco Martin; Connecticut offensive lineman Craig Berry; Texas fullback Ahmard Hall; and linebackers Jason Berryman of Iowa State and David Dixon of Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College.

Here's what Gil Brandt had to say about some of these guys(not much)

Marco Martin, DT, Texas: Martin was highly recruited out of high school but had a hard time getting on the field at Texas.

Craig Berry, OL, Connecticut: Berry was a starter for UConn for much of the past two seasons.

Richard Washington, RB/WR, N.C. State: Washington caught 29 passes for 348 yards for the Wolfpack as a junior in 2004 but was dismissed from the team before his senior season. He worked out for scouts in early July and was measured at 5-foot-10 7/8 and 164 pounds. He ran outdoors on grass in good conditions but there was a light rain. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.66 and 4.76. He also had a 1.55 and 1.59 in the 10-yard dash, 2.75 and 2.72 in the 20-yard dash, 29-inch vertical jump, 8-foot-6 long jump, 4.50 short shuttle, 12.77 long shuttle and 7.23 three-cone drill

Jason Berryman, DE, Iowa State: At about 240 pounds, he's probably a linebacker in a 3-4 scheme.

David Dixon, LB: Dixon is from Galveston, Texas, and last played at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas in 2004.

Ahmad Hall, FB, Texas: Hall served in the Marines and wasn't eligible for the regular draft. He worked out at Texas' Pro Day on March 22 and was measured at 5-10¾, 232 pounds. He ran his 40s in 4.53 and 4.55 and also had a 35-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-9 long jump, 4.20 short shuttle, 7.21 three-cone drill and 24 bench presses

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I dont want Berryman. I've seen him play enough times being from Iowa and he has some off the field issues, and while at 240 isn't fast enough as you'd expect from someone that size. Also he "takes plays off" I've heard.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Ahmad Hall would be good but certainly not as a FB seeing as how our own full back is doing te/rb dirty work.

with Hall's 5-11 232 lb frame i believe he could be our power back

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
I dont know about any of you,I'm ready for all of this supp. draft talk to be over with,and just start Training Camp!!

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing Dixon in for a look see. From what I read he seems like a great athlete. Maybe he could hang on as PS guy. And see what we have in a year or two. Dixon, Summers, and Austin seem like perfect candidates for the PS to me.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Martin was regarded as a fat, lazy player who had a world of talent but had no passion for the game coming out of high school. Since coming to UT he's worked hard to maintain his reputation to be a fat, lazy player who has a world of talent but has no passion for the game.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Martin was regarded as a fat, lazy player who had a world of talent but had no passion for the game coming out of high school. Since coming to UT he's worked hard to maintain his reputation to be a fat, lazy player who has a world of talent but has no passion for the game.
Sounds like me except for the talent part :D

MONT17

Reaction score
if we can sign a OL who was cut from the CFL... I'm sure we could use Berry!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richard Washington, RB/WR, N.C. State: Washington caught 29 passes for 348 yards for the Wolfpack as a junior in 2004 but was dismissed from the team before his senior season. He worked out for scouts in early July and was measured at 5-foot-10 7/8 and 164 pounds. He ran outdoors on grass in good conditions but there was a light rain. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.66 and 4.76. He also had a 1.55 and 1.59 in the 10-yard dash, 2.75 and 2.72 in the 20-yard dash, 29-inch vertical jump, 8-foot-6 long jump, 4.50 short shuttle, 12.77 long shuttle and 7.23 three-cone drill
I just hope that this guy doesn't become an all-pro. That'll produce 20 years of why didn't Jones jump on this guy when he had the chance? It's just like Randy Moss. Yada, yada, yada.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Methinks we have nothing to worry about this kid becoming an all-pro. Unless, that is, he goes on the Ahmad Brooks injury diet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
eman721 said:
Methinks we have nothing to worry about this kid becoming an all-pro. Unless, that is, he goes on the Ahmad Brooks injury diet.
It was only a little sarcasm thrown towards the eternal Randy Moss club. :)

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
It was only a little sarcasm thrown towards the eternal Randy Moss club. :)
Gotcha. I just couldn't turn down the chance to bash an NC State player. :D

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Now that they are FAs I say sign them all. Let training camp sort it out.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Ceasaleo88 said:
I wouldn't mind bringing Dixon in for a look see. From what I read he seems like a great athlete. Maybe he could hang on as PS guy. And see what we have in a year or two. Dixon, Summers, and Austin seem like perfect candidates for the PS to me.

I hope that Austin makes the active roster. I realize that he's an UDFA from Monmouth, but w/ his combination of size and speed, I don't want to risk losing him to another team.

Best case scenario would be for him to hang around long enough by contributing on ST (ala Randal Williams, but hopefully w/ better end results).