Free Sirius XM Streaming in May

triplets_93

Reaction score
SiriusXM has collaborated with acclaimed and iconic artists and their representatives to create personally curated audio experiences for listeners everywhere. The collection of exclusive music channels launching on Friday, May 1 — and in conjunction with SiriusXM’s extended Stream Free period through May — are dedicated to megastars David Bowie, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, George Strait, Guns N’ Roses, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Prince, and The Rolling Stones. Click below to stream every channel now.

To make sure as many people as possible can hear these special audio experiences, SiriusXM is extending its unprecedented Stream Free offer through May 31. Stream Free gives free and easy access to SiriusXM’s full lineup of Premier Streaming content to any listener in North America on the SiriusXM app.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/siriusxm-launches-9-new-limited-run-channels-with-iconic-artists/

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Eh, no thanks. Thankfully none of these are on any of my presets in the car.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Too many ads and too much talkie talkie and not enough shut the hell up on Sirius XM. I just use Google Music / YouTube and stream all day long with no commercials. Not to mention I get to stream what I want. Not what those filthy millennials want to listen too. :p :D

Best thing about Google Music is when you get it. The ads on YouTube disappear!

Hardline

Reaction score
I let my subscription expire. Can I still listen on my truck radio?

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Too many ads and too much talkie talkie and not enough shut the hell up on Sirius XM. I just use Google Music / YouTube and stream all day long with no commercials. Not to mention I get to stream what I want. Not what those filthy millennials want to listen too. :p :D

I'm guessing that experience has to be more about what stations you listen to as most of the ones I like are just basically music all day long with no ads.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I use them in the car but Apple Music for streaming. They used to provide streaming for no additional charge with the regular service but that went away last year. They're like DirecTV used to be with the Sunday Ticket, don't renew and they'll sweeten the deal. They got hardcore when ATT took over.

For those of you old enough to remember when you just had AM radio in your car and those little transistor radios, could you ever dream of this? When FM came along and started adding stations beyond Easy Listening, that was an awakening. To have lived through all of these transitions in audio and video has been a wonderful experience and I wouldn't trade it to be younger. Can you imagine being a 16 year old boy when the Beatles first crossed the pond and the British Invasion landed to add to American Rock and Motown and Soul.

Through all of this technology breakthrough at a break neck speed, and I do appreciate it and take advantage of it, nothing quite matches listening to "Dark Side of the Moon" on a great turntable with a top shelf stylus and a tube amp and some Klipsch Cornwall's. At the time, I didn't realize this is the best it's ever going to get. I don't think my ears and hearing moved along with technology.

Thanks for the heads up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm guessing that experience has to be more about what stations you listen to as most of the ones I like are just basically music all day long with no ads.
Let me see if I can recall their names
  • Ozzy's Boneyard
  • Octane
  • Lithium
  • HairNation (sometimes, but not that often)
  • Alt Nation
There was another channel that played really heavy stuff, but I cannot recall the name. I think there was one other rock station too, but I don't recall. Most of the time I was listening to Octane, Lithium, Boneyard, and Alt Nation I believe.

Still, even with no ads, they still talk way to damn much. Just play music. I don't turn the radio on to hear someone's incessant yapping.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
  • Ozzy's Boneyard
  • Octane
  • Lithium
  • Alt Nation
There was another channel that played really heavy stuff, but I cannot recall the name. I think there was one other rock station too, but I don't recall. Most of the time I was listening to Octane, Lithium, Boneyard, and Alt Nation I believe.

Still, even with no ads, they still talk way to damn much. Just play music. I don't turn the radio on to hear someone's incessant yapping.

Names sound right, I don't listen to them myself so can't comment much on what they do. Myself I've got faction punk, little Stevens underground garage (they talk there but I don't mind as it's little short nuggets about the artists or songs they just played), ll cool j's rock the bells radio, soul town, 1st wave, Siriusly Sinatra, nfl radio and a bunch of comedy stations. The last couple do have ads I guess.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Ads? On Sirius? Maybe if you're not paying for it, I don't know.

May is pretty cool though. This month there's a Led Zeppelin station and a Prince station. Both really good.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ads? On Sirius? Maybe if you're not paying for it, I don't know.

May is pretty cool though. This month there's a Led Zeppelin station and a Prince station. Both really good.
I used to have it my cars. They most certainly do have ads on some stations.

I turned it off because it was more talk than music sometimes. Streaming Google play is 100% music 100% of the time and I get to pick EXACTLY what music is playing so I'm not channel surfing when crappy songs come on. (very common on Sirius and why I have a list of stations I listen to instead of just one that I like)

Besides, I pay $12 or so for Netflix to stream video. Why would I pay $12 to stream only music without video? There is a major bang for your buck issue with Sirius.

Google Play gives me the following:
  • Unlimited streaming of their entire library
  • I can download all music for off-line listening
  • It removes all banners and ads from Youtube. (I can share this with family accounts too)
  • If I want to watch the video for a specific song, I have Youtube
  • I can just stream Youtube if I don't want to use Google Play (for Youtube playlists)
  • Youtube comes with all kinds of content beyond just songs and again. Unlimited streaming (with or without video) and no banners / ads.

John813

Reaction score
  • Ozzy's Boneyard
  • Octane
  • Lithium
  • Alt Nation

Liquid Metal Channel 40 is my guess.
Then there was the 90's/early 2000's in Turbo.

Stopped paying for it. Was nice, but not 15+ a month nice. There are some classic rock stations and some rock stations where the "DJ" would talk about their day and what not. IDGAF.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I used to have it my cars. They most certainly do have ads on some stations.

I turned it off because it was more talk than music sometimes. Streaming Google play is 100% music 100% of the time and I get to pick EXACTLY what music is playing so I'm not channel surfing when crappy songs come on. (very common on Sirius and why I have a list of stations I listen to instead of just one that I like)

Besides, I pay $12 or so for Netflix to stream video. Why would I pay $12 to stream only music without video? There is a major bang for your buck issue with Sirius.

Google Play gives me the following:
  • Unlimited streaming of their entire library
  • I can download all music for off-line listening
  • It removes all banners and ads from Youtube. (I can share this with family accounts too)
  • If I want to watch the video for a specific song, I have Youtube
  • I can just stream Youtube if I don't want to use Google Play (for Youtube playlists)
  • Youtube comes with all kinds of content beyond just songs and again. Unlimited streaming (with or without video) and no banners / ads.
How much is Google?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
  • Ozzy's Boneyard
  • Octane
  • Lithium
  • Alt Nation

I don't get any add, but there are a few DJ's who like to talk about crap I don't wanna hear. The guy who's working on Ozzy's Boneyard, when I'm listening through my earbuds at the gym is friggin' louder than the music, which pisses me off.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I use them in the car but Apple Music for streaming. They used to provide streaming for no additional charge with the regular service but that went away last year. They're like DirecTV used to be with the Sunday Ticket, don't renew and they'll sweeten the deal. They got hardcore when ATT took over.

For those of you old enough to remember when you just had AM radio in your car and those little transistor radios, could you ever dream of this? When FM came along and started adding stations beyond Easy Listening, that was an awakening. To have lived through all of these transitions in audio and video has been a wonderful experience and I wouldn't trade it to be younger. Can you imagine being a 16 year old boy when the Beatles first crossed the pond and the British Invasion landed to add to American Rock and Motown and Soul.

Through all of this technology breakthrough at a break neck speed, and I do appreciate it and take advantage of it, nothing quite matches listening to "Dark Side of the Moon" on a great turntable with a top shelf stylus and a tube amp and some Klipsch Cornwall's. At the time, I didn't realize this is the best it's ever going to get. I don't think my ears and hearing moved along with technology.

Thanks for the heads up.
I agree. Dark Side, with headphones, in the dark. It doesn't get better.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
How much is Google?
I have the family version that gives all I listed and up to I think six other *family* accounts. With tax it's $15.94/month. It's cheaper if just me. I think like $9.99/month.

My wife, daughter, sister, and two others have access under "family users list" for my account. SO their accounts are listed under my account has family.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I don't get any add, but there are a few DJ's who like to talk about crap I don't wanna hear. The guy who's working on Ozzy's Boneyard, when I'm listening through my earbuds at the gym is friggin' louder than the music, which pisses me off.
You know, I haven't had / used Sirius since the six month they give you on my Audi I leased. That lease is already expired, so it's been close or more than three years since I had Sirius. My truck I bought (not lease) might have it too, but I just stream from my phone or the sdcard I have in the truck that has like 3k+ songs on it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
They used to provide streaming for no additional charge with the regular service but that went away last year. They're like DirecTV used to be with the Sunday Ticket, don't renew and they'll sweeten the deal.
heh yeah. I recall they used to give me like six months for $30 ($5 / month), but you had to cancel or it would auto-renew at full rate. So when you call them they would renew it again for $30 for six months.

I got tired of doing that, plus most of the time I would go back to listen to streaming or my sdcard because there wasn't so much talking happening. As I said, it's just not worth the full price they charge. Maybe I would get it for $5/month if it always renewed at that rate. But I won't pay a penny higher than that for it. Not when streaming or an sdcard is a better drop in replacement.

Besides. Nothing sucks more than when Sirius would occasionally cutout in the middle of a song. Like when going under bridges or something. Sometimes out in the middle of nowhere when nothing blocks the satellite, yet it would still cut out for a second before coming back.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
heh yeah. I recall they used to give me like six months for $30 ($5 / month), but you had to cancel or it would auto-renew at full rate. So when you call them they would renew it again for $30 for six months.

I got tired of doing that, plus most of the time I would go back to listen to streaming or my sdcard because there wasn't so much talking happening. As I said, it's just not worth the full price they charge. Maybe I would get it for $5/month if it always renewed at that rate. But I won't pay a penny higher than that for it. Not when streaming or an sdcard is a better drop in replacement.

Besides. Nothing sucks more than when Sirius would occasionally cutout in the middle of a song. Like when going under bridges or something. Sometimes out in the middle of nowhere when nothing blocks the satellite, yet it would still cut out for a second before coming back.
I have a spot about a mile from my house that I hit on my way to and from work that cuts out between once and five times, depending on the time of year.
I have Pandora too, but the free version, which has ads. I don't think I'll pay for it, because the library is too small. It's like listening to a top 40 station with all the repeats.
I also have Amazon, but that's even worse than Pandora in that regard.
Between the three services I still have to switch to FM once in a while, to hear something different....Irony.