From a PackerFan

Sully

Reaction score
This was posted from a GB Fan.....

Anything is possible with Pick #17, but I wouldn't place a bet on us drafting a WR at 17 in Mike McCarthy's first draft with us.

Since Aaron Rodgers was drafted, the Green Bay Packers selected a Defensive Player with 10 of their 12 1st Round draft picks underMcCarthy. The 2 times they went offensive in the 1st round was back to back years they took Offensive Tackles when Aaron Rodgers needed immediate protection.

In an interview shortly after McCarthy was hired, Will McClay was asked what changes from a scouting standpoint. He said scouting players with traits and skillsets according to the coaches preferences is likely to change.

Mike McCarthy is confident in his ability to coach a productive offense. With our offense being the most complete side of the ball, it wouldn't be a surprise if we addressed one of our defensive needs with the 1st pick.

Anything is possible, but I wouldn't anticipate an offensive pick at 17 ✭

cowboyec

Reaction score
interesting.
this Ruiz thing tho sure is gaining momentum.
so if he ends up the pick...that continues Big Mc liking OL in the 1st.
im really anxious to watch this unfold.
17 in my opinion is wide open.

thanks for posting that.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This was posted from a GB Fan.....

Anything is possible with Pick #17, but I wouldn't place a bet on us drafting a WR at 17 in Mike McCarthy's first draft with us.

Since Aaron Rodgers was drafted, the Green Bay Packers selected a Defensive Player with 10 of their 12 1st Round draft picks underMcCarthy. The 2 times they went offensive in the 1st round was back to back years they took Offensive Tackles when Aaron Rodgers needed immediate protection.

In an interview shortly after McCarthy was hired, Will McClay was asked what changes from a scouting standpoint. He said scouting players with traits and skillsets according to the coaches preferences is likely to change.

Mike McCarthy is confident in his ability to coach a productive offense. With our offense being the most complete side of the ball, it wouldn't be a surprise if we addressed one of our defensive needs with the 1st pick.

Anything is possible, but I wouldn't anticipate an offensive pick at 17 ✭
Love these posts before anyone has any clue whatsoever how the first 16 picks are going to go.

Also no idea what the teams board looks like.

So, if Dallas has Lamb #6 overall on their board and he is there at 17 they are going to pass?

None of this is anything except total speculation, and not worth much more than me telling you now....they will probably either go offense or defense in the first round.

Sully

Reaction score
Love these posts before anyone has any clue whatsoever how the first 16 picks are going to go.

Also no idea what the teams board looks like.

So, if Dallas has Lamb #6 overall on their board and he is there at 17 they are going to pass?

None of this is anything except total speculation, and not worth much more than me telling you now....they will probably either go offense or defense in the first round.

No one saying anyone knows. Just posting what the P-A-S-T history of what McCarthy did. Nothing more.
But thanks for your 1 cent opinion.

RS12

Reaction score
I am open to anything that makes sense. Stevie said all along they were focusing they were focusing on defense in the draft FWIW. Please no foaming at the mouth about the aging retreads they have signed on defense so far.

DFWJC

Reaction score
interesting.
this Ruiz thing tho sure is gaining momentum.
so if he ends up the pick...that continues Big Mc liking OL in the 1st.
im really anxious to watch this unfold.
17 in my opinion is wide open.

thanks for posting that.
Ruiz at 17 is not going to happen

Plankton

Reaction score
Considering that Ted Thompson followed by Brian Gutekunst had the power in making draft selections in Green Bay during McCarthy’s time there as head coach, there’s nothing to glean from the past.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fat Mike: I look to have more input into the draft in Dallas than I did in Green Bay.

Fans: Judging by what McCarthy did with the Packers here's what our draft should look like.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So basically he went offense when they needed offense.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Fat Mike: I look to have more input into the draft in Dallas than I did in Green Bay.

Fans: Judging by what McCarthy did with the Packers here's what our draft should look like.

Not to be confused with Iron Mike