From Scouts, Inc.'s Gary Horton:

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Did a cut 'n paste from the draft chat over at ESPN and found this tidbit a little interesting when a question was brought up about which team(s) have had a great draft so far:

"I like Dallas, even though there was not a lot of flash, Dallas had three needs on Day 1 and they filled two of them in the first round, both guys they targeted. I love what Pittsburgh did in a position that did not look like a big need, they took a RB that perfectly fits their system. Now they have Parker and Mendenhall. To show the trickle down effect of one player, you have defenses that will have to put an extra player in the box, which means they'll have to roll coverages, which makes Big Ben a happy guy. And you keep your defense off the field, because you can pound the ball and control the clock. Late in the game, you can finish it with ball control. It may be overrated, but I see all these things when I see that pick of Mendenhall."

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
There was actually a little more that Gary had to offer concerning Dallas but it didn't transfer when I tried to copy and paste it over here. Basically, he has Dallas along with a few other teams at the top of his list that have done very well with their draft selections so far.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yeah, and his explanation of Mendenhall helping us control the clock and pound the ball had me drooling. Still Jones will help. We'll see.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
When you have picks No. 22 and 28 and come away with two of the top 21 players (on Gosselin's top 100), you haven't done too poorly.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2054967 said:
When you have picks No. 22 and 28 and come away with two of the top 21 players (on Gosselin's top 100), you haven't done too poorly.

And Bennett (ranked #46) @ #61 isn't too bad either.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sounds like great news for the Steelers, but this is a Cowboys forum.