from the humor mill- Dolphins and Shula

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
not Don...they are interviewing little Mikey, probably because Don pulled more strings for his boy...

this per ESPN radio about 30 mins ago or so...hilarious

David

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1317206 said:
not Don...they are interviewing little Mikey, probably because Don pulled more strings for his boy...

this per ESPN radio about 30 mins ago or so...hilarious

David

What's wrong with a father pulling strings for his son? I think it's very cool. Were you neglected as a boy by your father, is that the problem?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CactusCowboy;1317291 said:
What's wrong with a father pulling strings for his son? I think it's very cool. Were you neglected as a boy by your father, is that the problem?

Would not seem to appropriate considering Don is on the staff, along with Dan Marino, in interviewing or helping who decides who the next HC will be.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

What's wrong with letting your son earn a head coaching job by himself?

rcaldw

Reaction score
Rack;1317330 said:
What's wrong with letting your son earn a head coaching job by himself?

I think he did that at the University of Alabama. That is, before they canned him and brought in the Miami coach.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

uh, see the Shula boys track record as coaches ...it sux

David

AtlCB

Reaction score
CactusCowboy;1317294 said:
I think that Davey will be fine and if this happens will be on his brothers staff.

Miami could stink on offense and defense! :laugh2:

Eddie

Reaction score
Our old buddy Chan Gailey is up for consideration for the Miami HC also.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
David Shula runs all of his dad's steakhouses down here and hasn't ever been invited back into coaching after his infamous Bengals run, and I don't think that would change even with his brother at the helm of a team.

Gailey was considered the front-runner slightly over Mora, Jr. until Shula entered the mix. The Dolphins are familiar w/ Chan from his time here (Miami) as a coordinator in 2000 and 2001. Although the overall rankings of the offenses both years were not great, they were 16th and 8th in points scored respectively, and that was with the likes of Fiedler, Lamar Smith, Jed Weaver, Leslie Shepard, and Oronde Gadsen manning the skill positions.

joseephuss

Reaction score

There is nothing wrong with that from the viewpoint of the family. Now from the viewpoint of the Dolphins? They may not get the best coach if it is based on nepotism.