From the Senior Bowl per dallasnews cowboys blog

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
From the Senior Bowl
12:24 PM Tue, Jan 26, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley/Reporter E-mail | News tips

Highlights and lowlights from the North practice this morning in Mobile, Ala.

+ TCU linebacker Daryl Washington had a good session in pass coverage. He consistently ran stride-for-stride with tight ends and broke up two passes.

+ Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati is powerful. He tossed around defensive linemen as if they were rag dolls in drills.

+ Mardy Gilyard, a reed-thin wide receiver from Cincinnati, has stiff hands. He dropped three passes on the day.

+ Michigan State's Brent Swenson is not the answer to the Cowboys' shortcomings at placekicker. In windy conditions, he was inconsistent beyond 40 yards.

Randy White

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3256635 said:
From the Senior Bowl
12:24 PM Tue, Jan 26, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley/Reporter E-mail | News tips

+ Mardy Gilyard, a reed-thin wide receiver from Cincinnati, has stiff hands. He dropped three passes on the day..

Hence why he's a 5th-7th round material.

Randy White

Reaction score
TheCount;3256637 said:
I can see my dreams of Iupati evaporating before my eyes. :(

Keep dreaming, they may just come true.

What that report does not tell you is that he got completely destroyed when he lined up as a Tackle, which many scouts requested.

That's good news for the Cowboys because teams might feel reluctant giving up a top 20 pick for a guard, even if he's as good as Iupati. If he's there after the 20th pick, there's a good chance that the Cowboys can get him, even if it's just to move up a couple of picks.

What we need him to do is stop killing the DTs when he lines up as a guard. He's completely abusing them. To the point that he might get arrested, even if it's within the football field.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Randy White;3256709 said:
Keep dreaming, they may just come true.

What that report does not tell you is that he got completely destroyed when he lined up as a Tackle, which many scouts requested.

That's good news for the Cowboys because teams might feel reluctant giving up a top 20 pick for a guard, even if he's as good as Iupati. If he's there after the 20th pick, there's a good chance that the Cowboys can get him, even if it's just to move up a couple of picks.

What we need him to do is stop killing the DTs when he lines up as a guard. He's completely abusing them. To the point that he might get arrested, even if it's within the football field.
Even though he flamed out as a tackle I still don't see him getting into the 20's.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Cover 2;3256716 said:
Even though he flamed out as a tackle I still don't see him getting into the 20's.

Why? The precedent in drafts is that interior lineman don't get taken until after the 20th pick. If he flames at tackle, he'll most likely be available at least till then.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
gimmesix;3256797 said:
Why? The precedent in drafts is that interior lineman don't get taken until after the 20th pick. If he flames at tackle, he'll most likely be available at least till then.
I think he'll be looked at as a Shawn Andrews type talent.