FS Draft prospect rankings

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don't remember watching him play, but I think he's an intriguing guy. I think its impressive that he was a Div II All American and then stepped into UNC for one year and became their best defender. It leads me to believe that he's got pretty good instincts, and isn't just a great athlete. and I've also read that he's a bit of a gamer who had his best game of the season against Miami.

According to NFL.com, here are his numbers from the UNC Pro Day.

Sensabaugh (6-0½, 211) stood on his numbers from the combine. He did do a 3.96 short shuttle, a 10.54 long shuttle, a 6.81 three-cone drill and no reps.

That short shuttle time would be excellent for a cornerback. The best 3 cone drill run by a safety at the combine was 6.93, so he pretty much obliterated that (Bullocks ran a 7.08).

BigWillie

Reaction score
Oh, but don't get me wrong, UNC fans rave about him and how he improved their lackluster secondary this past year. I only caught him in one game this past year (the UVA game) and he didn't really do anything that stood out to me. But just going off comments UNC fans have, they love the guy.

To make the jump from DII (and a horrible DII program at that) to an ACC program and become a leader of their defense should speak volumes about the type of player he is, regardless of any 40 time, vertical leap, 20 yard shuttle or whatever. It's just when you have someone in the 46 inch vertical range and you don't hear about it anywhere, it has to make you scratch your head because that's world class athlete type numbers.

If those numbers are actually fact (which I still cannot believe) I would definetely give the guy a look in the 4th-5th round range if he were there. The guy would come with plenty of upside considering he played at an awful program for most of his college years and still became an impact player at a big D1 school.

warrior3

Reaction score
I asked this in soemthing else because i didnt know where to put it but someone with access to scouting reports please put one on here of Jim Leonhard FS from Wisconsin

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
warrior3 said:
I asked this in soemthing else because i didnt know where to put it but someone with access to scouting reports please put one on here of Jim Leonhard FS from Wisconsin

He's awfully short, like 5-8...

warrior3

Reaction score
i know but i live in wisconsin so this might be biased but i thought he was a pretty good ballhawk

Silverstar

Reaction score
I know Hunter got injured, but all the more reason he'll make the switch from CB to FS.

Can any of these guys beat out Pete Hunter in training camp?

Think about it...

playit12

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
I know Hunter got injured, but all the more reason he'll make the switch from CB to FS.

Can any of these guys beat out Pete Hunter in training camp?

Think about it...

Hunter doesn't exactly have great fundamentals. He gets turned around and doesn't swivel his hips as fast as he needs too. Also in coverage he doesn't always have a great feel for ball location. I think Bullocks, Jackson, or Pool could certainly challenge for the starting spot. Butler and a few other would probably have to sit a year and learn. Guys like Fox could immediately jump to the number 2 spot, and could start in a pinch, but probably don't have the physical tools to beat Hunter out.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Hunters ability, or lack thereof, to play FS will be dependant on his tackling ability.

Tackling has suddenly become an unnecessary trait in a free safety on this board, which has basically taken the free safety position and transformed it into a 3rd cornerback, but that particular position is the last line of defense. Once the ball carrier gets past the free safety, its paydirt. I bet the first time Clinton Portis takes a 15 yard run and turns into a 80 uncontested scamper into the endzone because of a poor tackle, suddenly the free safety will be someone who does a little bit more than sits back and waits for the pick.